I hope this does not count as spam.

I created (in GIMP) a logo for the front of the GBC to make it look like the GB Horror from Luigi's Mansion for the Gamecube.

I looked into making a single screen with this design for myself. I contacted a shop and they procured about 5 quotes from manufacturers for me.  Turns out, 600 pieces is the minimum order. So, I am looking for people who would also like a screen.

If you pledge money here, it acts similarly to a preorder. Look at the "What's in it for me?" section of the page.
http://en.fansnextdoor.com/projects/tur … -luigis-ma

Thanks.

(Here's a link to show my AG cred.)
http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/sh … hp?t=30028

rochester, ny

good luck man. maybe you'd sell more if they were original gameboy screens? just a suggestion!

UK
nickmaynard wrote:

good luck man. maybe you'd sell more if they were original gameboy screens? just a suggestion!

this.

astral cat

seems very pointless.

Spokompton

No offense but I think you should just make a sticker.

BK

cute idea but i can't see it selling particularly well - certainly not 600 people, unless there's some untapped group of diehard Luigi's Mansion fans out there. I agree, you may just want to make a sticker instead and save yourself some headaches.

Yeah. It's not as successful as I had hoped.
I am going to lower the price and hope that drives up demand.

Thanks for the feedback.

Lowered the prices. Hope this will make sales pick up. I am no longer looking for a profit, I just want to see these made.

1 Euro for the PNG
3 Euros for one screen
6 Euros for 3 screens
13 Euros for 8 screens/3 installs
30 Euros for buying a game boy off ebay.

Abandoned on Fire

Have you contacted Kitsch?  He sells custom dmg screens, maybe could help with this.

PDX

Thats pretty unanimous.

You should produce these instead

Ive been going crazy trying to find these and they dont seem to exist anymore.

BOSTON
OrionOrbit wrote:

Thats pretty unanimous.

You should produce these instead

Ive been going crazy trying to find these and they dont seem to exist anymore.

FUCK YES.

i see them on ebay every once in a while and jerks want like $50 for them

rochester, ny

i think i might have one of those that's purple instead of green.

matt's mind

i have an orange one tongue

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 16, 2019 6:33 pm)

That's not really something that interests me. It is was too 1995.
Who knew there would be so little interest? I'm going to keep advertising places. Might as well not give up yet.

Scotland

I'd say you'll be very very hard pushed to find buyers for this. Creating something that's aesthetically pleasing and not necessarily related to one particular game would be beneficial. Especially for if it was the original game boy screen.

The GBCs are pretty shit, and I've never met anyone who uses it as the handheld of choice. If they do, it seems purely for nostalgias sake. The screen colour is weak, the carts moved inside the console, the batteries drain fast and it isn't backlit.

Not to mention Carillon and LSDJ sound like ass through it.

GBC users is a niche market, GBC screen enthusiasts is an even more niche market and the fanbase for Luigi's Mansion is pretty small. If you're going to find a market for them, you're likely to find it here.