Westfield, NJ

mathgrant - 30s30d: A Month's Worth of Composing

During the month of November 2010, mathgrant (aka Grant Fikes) started and finished a project called "30 Songs in 30 Days," in which he challenged himself to compose one new song every day for 30 days. These are the 30 songs mathgrant made in those 30 days, including 19 NES chiptunes, 10 WarioWare DIY tunes, and 1 ImpulseTracker tune.

There are few things that I can imagine doing for 30 days straight, even things I enjoy, so I have a lot of respect for anyone that can compose so many songs with such dedication. What’s even more impressive is that many of these songs really take the liberty of experimenting with fresh ideas, and that’s what I like to see here at Dual Mode Records. And if 30 songs seems overwhelming, might I recommend 4 standouts to start with? Check out "Dr. Crafty’s Better Fortress," "Silver Ocean," "Untitled Nonsense," and "Settlements and Hexes."

p.s. you can download this album for free, but if you pay at least $1 at checkout, Grant will send you the .FTM, .NSF and .IT files (for the 19 NES tunes and 1 ImpulseTracker tune) so you can learn from them.

Dual Mode Records #006
Subscribe to Dual Mode Records for updates

Westfield, NJ