Newcastle, UK

Game shown Revenge of the Titans.

A while ago I participated (entered my paypal details and sat on my backside) in the Humble Indie Bundle, a charity event in which participants paid what they wanted for 5 indie games (all cross platform and DRM free) and good news everyone, it’s back!

HUMBLE INDIE BUNDLE 2.

Braid, Machinarium, Osmos, Cortex Command (and all future updates free) and Revenge of the Titans (Exclusive Launch) now available in a pay what you want bundle for charity. DRM free, cross platform and eventually Steam activated. ITS FOR CHARITY FOR CHRIST SAKE GO HELP SOME SICK CHILDREN. Basically it's a way to get some awesome games and help some sick kids in the process, there's even a gift code option so it's a great Christmas present for any PC gamer.

Details here:

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Last edited by tehforsterer (Dec 15, 2010 3:10 pm)

East Kilbride, Scotland
tehforsterer wrote:

there's even a gift code option so it's a great Christmas present for any PC, Mac or Linux gamer.

Just wanted to pick you up on that minor detail there.

PDX, PDX

Paid 20,  got way more in value.  Makes me feel good, the win win thing of it all.

Philly, PA, USA

Yeah i got this, not a huge fan of some of these games, but the rest of them more than make up for it

but wait, why is this on this forum?

Last edited by pixls (Dec 15, 2010 6:32 pm)

Newcastle, UK

General discussion, thought people might like to jump on this while they can, a few people here do game development, soundtracks come with some of them. There's chiptune music and pixel art there. Plus everyone likes helping, all the money helps kids in hospitals and small time developers.

Minneapolis

I want to know how Cortex Command is Linux compatible. Didn't work on Linux or Wine last time I checked, and I already own it. hmm I also already own Machinarium. Still, might be worth a look for me.

uhajdafdfdfa

someone bought me it for christmas ! ! !! : smile

Newcastle, UK

Cortex Command is still under active development, I think the Linux release of it may be an exclusive early release with the bundle.

Osmos, Revenge of the Titans and Braid are well worth a look, I really like Osmos. If the quality of the games is a concern there are demos available for all but Braid I think, there may be a Braid demo on Steam but not for Linux.

http://www.hemispheregames.com/osmos/

http://www.puppygames.net/downloads/?ga … the-titans

This event is an investment and a means of helping others, a win win situation, the last bundle was so successful another developer put Samorost 2 in after it was completed as a thank you to everyone who took part, also the games became open source for people to take a look at, modify and personally use.

Minneapolis

I noticed that cortex command is finally in Linux. And finally updated. I'm throwing some cash at this just for that game alone, and I know someone who will be a very happy person when they get those games from me. smile

Westfield, NJ

If you don't know what Braid is you must not play very many video games.

Psydney, Australia

I bought the last one, and I'll be getting this one as well.
This time I think I'll redirect some more funds to EFF, since CP gets quite a lot of cash already, thanks to Penny Arcade.

Godzilladelph

CORTEX COMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAND
that is all. (not really though)

Westfield, NJ

I just bought this the other day for my little brother... I was helping him set up a new computer and decided to load it up with games. $8 and he ended up with like 9 or 10 games in total smile

))<>((

I bought them last night for $8 as well. Totally worth it; if I had the money I totally would've spent more on it.