Hi, maybe I'm stupid? or very unlucky... I have a new Powerpak (and NES, yay!, ..) [Rom 1.12 card 1.34].. I'm able to run most ROMs I've tried, however, most of them do not react to the controller (ie I can't push start to play)

Works: Circus Charlie
Does not work: NTRQ

Halp? sad

RESOLVED: Using P2 input on NES now, seems happy.

Last edited by cokchee (Dec 19, 2010 3:44 pm)

San Francisco

Try a different controller. It's probably an issue with that.

rochester, ny
wedanced wrote:

Try a different controller. It's probably an issue with that.

yeah, update the powerpak files and try a different controller.

Minneapolis

This sounds like it's not a problem with your cartridge, but with the controller or NES. Do you have any non-powerpak carts you can try? Also, I have no idea why Circus Charlie would work and NTRQ not work. Even if your cartridge is defective. I just don't know how that would possibly happen. Unless it's a fluke, or your NES is defective.

Last edited by arfink (Dec 19, 2010 6:40 am)

Hmmm drat. I've updated the files on the PowerPak with the latest available from the web already. I don't have any other cartridges, or a spare controller. Can try get my hands on such stuff though it's going to be a small ordeal since the NES never really existed in my part of the world much. sad

Woot, I got it working. Using the 2P input instead of 1P, seems works fine. big_smile

Minneapolis

Very very strange. Well, if it works then no complaints, eh?

WOW MAN!

NTRQ won't work.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Maybe your 1P and 2P controller inputs were switched?  That would explain not being able to use NTRQ but still being able to start a game of CC.

Minneapolis
jefftheworld wrote:

Maybe your 1P and 2P controller inputs were switched?  That would explain not being able to use NTRQ but still being able to start a game of CC.

This actually would make sense, since CC is odd and can start from either controller.