Cambridge, MA

Do want.

Matthew Joseph Payne

jean michel jarre prodigy?

I dunno, it's pretty, but it's not a very good instrument. Limited range, difficult to play fast, and inexpressive. Maybe if the height at which you interrupted the lazer could be detected and assigned to a parameter, we'd be getting somewhere.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
kineticturtle wrote:

jean michel jarre prodigy?

I dunno, it's pretty, but it's not a very good instrument. Limited range, difficult to play fast, and inexpressive. Maybe if the height at which you interrupted the lazer could be detected and assigned to a parameter, we'd be getting somewhere.

Yeah, considering the fact that it's being played at a Theremin Hero event, you'd expect it to be a more expressive instrument.

Matthew Joseph Payne

I will say that it would be a fun controller to have next to a drum set to be used as a secondary instrument to trigger sounds or play basslines - easier than figuring out what to do with your sticks while playing a keyboard.

Godzilladelph

what is that? like 1 octave? weeeaaaak
just kidding, kinda wanna see him project it vertically into a room with like six cats though

ad-hell-aide
kineticturtle wrote:

Maybe if the height at which you interrupted the lazer could be detected and assigned to a parameter, we'd be getting somewhere.

yeah this  - although I think it would be fun to make a lazerharp.