Malaga, Spain

Hi there!

I'd just buy an used Game boy advance and I was wondering if anyone knows a hack to put backlight in the handheld.
I was searching for the after burner kit, but it seems the company who manufactured it is not doing it anymore...

Any ideas? smile

Malaga, Spain

Ok. Just found this if anyone is interested:

http://www.make-digital.com/make/vol06/?pg=131

big_smile

Philly, PA, USA

if you try that post pics of the finished product!
also maybe some in-progress stuff if you can, but the finished product is what i'm more interested in

Malaga, Spain
pixls wrote:

if you try that post pics of the finished product!
also maybe some in-progress stuff if you can, but the finished product is what i'm more interested in

No probs. I'm waiting my GBA to arrive (I bought it through eBay). As soon as it arrives I'll try the hack and post a few pics.

Riverside, CA

y'know...... they made these.....

Malaga, Spain
The Silph Scope wrote:

y'know...... they made these.....

Yeah, we know...

Personally I don't like the SP design. The GBA has a more ergonomic shape, that's why I got a normal Game boy advance.

But I want light in the screen and I don't like the addons! They destroy the design of the console. tongue

Melbourne, Australia

You could use the frontlight from a gba-sp as seen here http://forums.modretro.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=916
I would never use the gba because the start and select buttons are in such a silly place for lsdj use.

London, UK

I'm so used to the start and select buttons being at the bottom of the machine (inbetween both thumbs) that the original gba design is out of the question for me, sp or micro is the way to go

Chicago IL

i read on that gameboy comparison cart that the gba is bassier than the SP

i'm probably gonna get one of each for M4G, an SP for writing, and a GBA for live / recording

my back light is a little gooseneck LED light. i aint gonna act like i need to see whats going on for more than a couple seconds during a set

Philly, PA, USA

anyone used a micro?
they look damn cool, but i don't know anything about how good they would be for making musics

Malaga, Spain
pixls wrote:

anyone used a micro?
they look damn cool, but i don't know anything about how good they would be for making musics

I played Sonic advance once long time ago. The only problem I see with the micro is the really tiny screen it has... But, again, that's my personal opinion!

Never used it for making music, by the way... tongue

Last edited by 3nc0d3r (Jan 18, 2010 9:26 am)

Sydney, Australia

Gameboy Micro is bad for musics. [bad memory] it has a weak sound.

Philly, PA, USA

oh that's sad, they look really cool, and are really small, oh wells...
i'll just stick with my DMG then..

Marin<Pontevedra<Galiza<Spain

hi! i own a cold cathode from a 2,5 inch screen, i was wondering if i can set it up to one gba's screen. but i guess it is too big (like a spaghetti) to fit inside the console. Has anybody done this before?