Tucson, AZ

Photograph by Marjorie Becker • http://www.flickr.com/m_becker

Decade [Live at Blip Festival 2009]” by Nullsleep
Blip Festival 2009 • Day 02 of 03
December 18th, 2009 at The Bell House

Game Boy, LSDJ: Nullsleep (Jeremiah Johnson)

You may download it at:
http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Nulls … tival_2009

BOSTON

heart

FERNDALE, MI, USA

just downloaded. tis brilliant!

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

I think I said this to you at Blip, but I was really, really impressed with the direction you took on your set this year. I was really impressed with the congruence of your aesthetic and the music - you really took "Chipmusic" to a level that it could stand apart and not use the medium as an excuse for execution.

This is definitely not an insult, as I like "Chiptunes" as much as the next person. But that set was simply more than that.

I'm a little bit bummed we didn't get to have much of a chat. Maybe this year if I get my finances in order. ;-)

Tucson, AZ

Thanks guys.

Tom, thanks a lot.  And yeah, wish there would have been more time to just hang out and talk.  Hope we'll have another opportunity to make up for it soon.

░▒▓█▄▀▌▄

this track is pretty killer. do you have any more in the works? a new release soon maybe?

really like the direction you are heading with your music. i do not like your hair. there. i said it. grab the mystery

Tucson, AZ

I'd rather you like my music than my hair.

Hope to have a new release out this summer.

haha, I love your hair!

This new, noisy, gutsier, more experimental direction is awesome, but six minutes wasn't enough for me.  Also, it could have picked up more.  It would be insane if you did some wolf eyes type noise set some time.

edit:  Or maybe that's too extreme?  I dunno, but overall, I gotta say I think Decade is rad.

Also, just out of curiosity, who's the curator for chip music over at the FMA?  How could I go about putting up music there?

Last edited by Battle Lava (Jan 18, 2010 11:57 am)

Clinton Hill

I also enjoy the expansion that is happening with your music. More exploration like this needs to happen.

Stockholm

WTF? NO SUPER MARIO?!

*Leaves the Nullsleep fan page on Facebook*

Tokyo, Japan

Very very happy to hear this up loud in a place with room to dance. Not really fussed whats its called. Its vicious and I love it. More more more!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

sure would be nice to get my set from blip08 so i could at least listen to it.. :-P
Then again a blip 2008 dvd would be pretty sweet too..

Bronx, NY

Brutality.

I wish I had actually gone into the crowd at some point during this performance, instead of hung outside and passively listened whilst talking to people. It's really heartening to see chiptunes/chipmusic go a more serious direction and abandon the video game aesthetic.

Cambridge UK

I was way too enthralled to go into the crowd. I was watching that performance form the side of the stage, next to the stairs. I'm pretty sure I didn't even blink once.

The Bronx

During this track I thought, "less drones, more droning. A monochrome bee." You made it nice, Jeremiah.