Anahiem, CA

Tokyo, Japan
LastKnight wrote:
LastKnight wrote:

Pretty much what i DJ with, plus a few other bits and bobs, like a mixer etc, VJ set up pic on the way when its done, got a few bits in the post, such as for the moment i cant VJ and DJ at the same time, as i use the Korg PagKontroll for both aplications. so im getting another

Its very compact and very effective, that was what i was going for, netbook, smallest decent usb soundcard, mini KP and a Korg PagKontrol i can hammer on.

been a while, but heres the update on my kit these are taken at home, and my residence at the Empire,

>>> that Mr Hudson bloke. also note LiteWall. xx

That NES looks like it's had one too many surgeries. lol

Nice set up though!

Middlesbrough, UK

its a horrible mish mash, its glitched, and theres my beautiful vBlank Chipset Screwed onto the top.

Geneva, NY

OK, finally got a snap of it:

Korg padKontrol, EHX Voice Box, Rocktron Hex expression pedal, Dell Vostro 1500, Odyssey 3RU 8" rack bag, Presonus Firepod 8x8, Axon AX-100, M-Audio Midisport 8x8 (not used in this config except for filling out the rack bag), Brian Moore i88.13 guitar.

Wilmington,NC

Here's what I use in D&D Sluggers.

DSi and DS w/ DS10+,DMG w/ LSDJ all running into the Mackie mixer.
It's all in a guitar case (for easy set up). The light looks awful, but I need it.
I was thinking about getting a miniKP, but I might try Moog Filtatron instead.

edit -  just found out I can use beat.maker on my ipod touch as a pad sampler. scandalous.

Last edited by soultron (Dec 29, 2010 5:09 pm)

Tokyo, Japan

Which mackie is that?

Matthew Joseph Payne
rallyj wrote:

Hey man, how's that keyboard working out for you? big_smile

Wilmington,NC
Lazerbeat wrote:

Which mackie is that?

Plain jane 1202-vlz. I use it to equalize and keep the volumes even. Does the job and was free... well, not exactly, but it's a long story.

Anahiem, CA
kineticturtle wrote:
rallyj wrote:

Hey man, how's that keyboard working out for you? big_smile

Its awesome! It helps with the creative flow and all my friends that try it out are blown away with it.

PDX
nickmaynard wrote:
stargazer wrote:

Show them the little one!

haha, here's a picture i just took.

four 1/8th inch inputs, two 1/4 inch outputs (one for Left and the other for Right). pretty basic but so useful.

Shit, is that the little remote control r2?

So fucking dope.

Chicago IL

dammit i got all my shit set up and i cant find my camera.

Tokyo, Japan

One thing which I guess is tangental to this in a way. Anyone sold anything from their set up which they really regret? I have tried out lots of bits of gear, but the only thing I really wish I hadn't sold is my Micron. BEAST of a little synth.

Matthew Joseph Payne

You know, I had a Micron for a long time, but we used it live a lot. Not a particularly durable piece of gear. Key contacts giving out left and right. I rebuilt it into a little desktop box and sold it off pretty cheap. It was useful, but I was never earnestly impressed with it.

That being said, they're not hard to come by - if you really regret it, go find one! smile

Chicago IL

of course i found my camera really quickly.

this is a hypothetical set up, sort of like 'what if i was running everything i have at once'.

quick line up from left to right
dreamcast running NTRQ via NesterDC
OPL3 laptop running Adlib Tracker
Eee running Famitracker
Alesis Photonx25
Powerbook G4 (yep) running Reason 3
Arduino Boy synced via Photonx25
2 DMGs, one back lit, one prosounded
Macbook running Ableton 7, running the DMG audio through a mastering suite
GBA patiently waiting for M4G
Fostex450
in the back: some shitty speakers that came with an old DJ in a Box set

Last edited by Saskrotch (Dec 31, 2010 7:21 am)

IL, US

haha, its funny you mention the micron since i just REALLY started using mine...
im sure part of me will miss the electribe, but i wasnt really writing new material on it...if you want an all-time-gear-ive-owned-but-may-regret-getting-rid-of-list, this will take a lot more thought and im sure be a much longer list

Hoxton, London UK
Saskrotch wrote:

of course i found my camera really quickly.

nice, what's that written on your wall!?
anyway... here's my new setup. speakers just came this morning big_smile

*edit; Donkey Kong energy drink is the most important item

Last edited by Shriker (Dec 31, 2010 10:01 am)