Philly, PA, USA

So i recently got an EZ Flash IV so that i could try using M4G and some other stuff, but some weird things, or maybe they're normal, have been happening.

So the first time i booted it up with a blank SD, it had like a Darth Vader/Star Wars theme on it, so I looked up instructions for how to flash it, and it said to use an updater by holding R while the game boy is turning on. The instructions said that it should show some a kernal update happening. Nothing happened when I did it so I figured it might just already be updated. Then when I flashed the SD using their program, it said it worked, but when i turned on the gameboy it was still the same thing, and when I tried launching the rom it said there was a FAT system error.

Now if anyone can tell me whether this is a cartridge issue or if I'm fucking up it would be greatly appreciated.

Philly, PA, USA

bump?

Earth

My first post, hallo to everyone, been lurking a lot, nice forum.
Not an expert but I have recently bought an EZ4 too, it's working. What I did was follow the instructions in that page: http://ezflash.sosuke.com/wiki/index.ph … V_Tutorial, Method 1c.
Basically it involved to copy an ezfla_up.bin file into the SD root, my card was already formatted with FAT16 sys. Then boot the console holding the R trigger with the EZ4 and the kernel (.bin) file.
My first attempt in doing this wasn't successful so I thought there was something going on in the electrical contacts between the microSD, micro-miniSD adapter ad the EZ4, after a bit of movements it booted showing the upgrade procedure.
After that I started using the EZclient app to move the roms inside the SD  card.
That's it, more or less,  I've used  ezfla_up.bin 03/06/2007, EZ4Patch.dll 1.2.7.0 and EZ4client 1.03.
Hope it helps.

Last edited by Ermangaver (Dec 7, 2010 3:23 pm)

matt's mind

have you checked to see what types fo SD cards it will accept?  there may be a compatibility issue with the type of card you are using...

with that said, i've not used one so i have no clue, but flash carts like that are usually somewhat restrictive over the types you use, and generally are limited to 2GB is seems...

Philly, PA, USA
Ermangaver wrote:

My first post, hallo to everyone, been lurking a lot, nice forum.
Not an expert but I have recently bought an EZ4 too, it's working. What I did was follow the instructions in that page: http://ezflash.sosuke.com/wiki/index.ph … V_Tutorial, Method 1c.
Basically it involved to copy an ezfla_up.bin file into the SD root, my card was already formatted with FAT16 sys. Then boot the console holding the R trigger with the EZ4 and the kernel (.bin) file.
My first attempt in doing this wasn't successful so I thought there was something going on in the electrical contacts between the microSD, micro-miniSD adapter ad the EZ4, after a bit of movements it booted showing the upgrade procedure.
After that I started using the EZclient app to move the roms inside the SD  card.
That's it, more or less,  I've used  ezfla_up.bin 03/06/2007, EZ4Patch.dll 1.2.7.0 and EZ4client 1.03.
Hope it helps.

I followed that procedure, and it still didn't like it, I may need to reformat my SD differently, it might be FAT 32, and need to be FAT 16? I'll look into it I guess.

And Kitsch, thanks, but the SD card i'm using is a 2GB, and I made sure it wasn't an SDHC,

I guess I'll try formatting differently, and go from there.

Philly, PA, USA

SO for anyone else having this issue, it was a matter of being formatted in FAT32 as opposed to FAT16

thanks for the help people!

Earth

I'm glad you did it! Sorry if I was misleading, I checked again my SD and as a matter of fact my Xp properties window says it's FAT system without specifying 16 or 32, I should have just assumed.

Last edited by Ermangaver (Dec 30, 2010 8:58 pm)

Philly, PA, USA
Ermangaver wrote:

I'm glad you did it! Sorry if I was misleading, I checked again my SD and as a matter of fact my Xp properties window says it's FAT system without specifying 16 or 32, I should have just assumed.

no, you were helpful, it's just annoying because for windows FAT=FAT 16 for OSX FAT=FAT 32