STARDRAIN, CA

So, I really want to use a one channel tracker on a gameboy. The reason this could be great is because you would be able to make very complex instruments that utilize all four channels of sound capability that the gameboy has. I always liked making WAV channel only songs, but i think it would be more interesting to do one channel with full capabilities. it could even be in the same interface basically as LSDJ, but with modifications, like a different version of LSDJ or something. basically I have no C coding experience. I would like a lot to learn, and im sure i can. anyone want to help me work on a project like this? it would be cool to see if this ever gets done. also, if it does get done, I want to design art for the intro screen.

☺☺☺

A WAV only lsdj with cross modulation from the other channels would be sublime, yes smile

Tokyo, Japan

There is every chance that I am totally missing the point of what you are suggesting and please forgive the impertinence but what would that give you that you don't already have with LSDJ other than a giant coding headache?

☺☺☺

Eliminating the other three channels as running sequencer tracks must reduce the cpu load allowing for more complex tracking? i dunno

United Kingdom

What I would love to see is a WAV channel Muddy GB ROM, All of the modulation and tweaking LSDJ provides but as a Muddy GB interface. Be awesome to control the WAV channel as well as being a live instrument.

Unsubscribe

In lsdj you can just use the same pattern in all the channels, and switch the instruments to simultaneously change sounds for the other insturment types, and clone when you need to get more fine tunage. I do this all the time for fat bass sounds.

STARDRAIN, CA
herr_prof wrote:

In lsdj you can just use the same pattern in all the channels, and switch the instruments to simultaneously change sounds for the other insturment types, and clone when you need to get more fine tunage. I do this all the time for fat bass sounds.

yeah, that's kinda cool, I have done that,but its not the same as a one channel interface. I use LGPT and pretty much only use one channel. With LGPT, you can basically get ANY sound you want, I do a lot of beatboxing, and I would love to write Gameboy tunes that can have only one line of beats or activated instruments in the same vein as an LGPT1CH  song.  Anybody know of anyone who may be able to help me?

Last edited by Kool Skull (Jan 9, 2011 7:47 pm)

New York City
Lazerbeat wrote:

There is every chance that I am totally missing the point of what you are suggesting and please forgive the impertinence but what would that give you that you don't already have with LSDJ other than a giant coding headache?

I think what he is trying to say is that he wants a monophonic synthesizer/tracker thing. You use each hardware audio channel as an OSC of the sync but have only one sequencing channel to track in.

This is an interesting idea.
You can already do this using mGB and an Arduinoboy interface. You just use whatever MIDI sequencer you have as your tracking interface.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Jan 10, 2011 12:44 pm)

IL, US
akira^8GB wrote:

You can already do this using mGB and an Arduinoboy interface. You just use whatever MIDI sequencer you have as your tracking interface.

like piggy tracker! (yes, i will keep telling you how much i like piggy->midi since you have a gp2x now smile)

New York City
e.s.c. wrote:
akira^8GB wrote:

like piggy tracker! (yes, i will keep telling you how much i like piggy->midi since you have a gp2x now smile)

That GP2X will be for sale in 20 days or so big_smile I have no need for it, the Caanoo is fantastic.

STARDRAIN, CA

nobody has any ideas?

Unsubscribe

As you can see in about a dozen other threads on cm, making a tracker is ahrd work. I think your stuck making do with existing software, or using midi.

Abandoned on Fire

This would essentially be PR8 on a gameboy using only one track... maybe Neil could give you some tips or starting points?

New York City
Kool Skull wrote:

nobody has any ideas?

I just told you what to do.

STARDRAIN, CA
akira^8GB wrote:
Kool Skull wrote:

nobody has any ideas?

I just told you what to do.

its not what i want to do man.
whatever. ANt1 is gonna help. everybody bashes on 8bc saying that chipmusic is better, but im sorry, iv'e always had better results on 8bc.org.

uhajdafdfdfa

yes i will help with the audio parts because  i made some audio bleeper bloppers before
but i never made an visual interface  before so i will probably get stuck here