Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

*raises hand* Haven't done much lately. but working on getting a rig up and going again.

Last edited by low-gain (Jan 12, 2011 3:54 am)

IL, US

you can buy my sima sfx-9, logan...was only gonna ask $175 from anyone i know...not a v4, but about 1/4 the price

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

i'm planning on picking up a v4. Thanks though brohammer!

Philly, PA, USA

I have chromacle.com, but it's not very informative, i suppose it gives an idea of what my stuff looks like

this is the best video of my visuals, but I've only done two full shows so far,

New York City
J Y K wrote:

do you guys have websites or links to anything?
so curious to see what's going on out there!

Old but... this was my last VJ gig ever.

Cambridge, MA

How are you guys doing all these visuals? I've poked around and found some decent software, but it all costs like $200+. Is there a hardware solution to mixing video feeds? I've got enough random video gear, but no way to mix it...

IL, US

hardware is the route i go, but its more than $200 to even grab a cheap video miixer usually (though im selling a sima sfx-9 that id let go for $175), plus you still need playback devices..if youre fine with single source visuals, you can away with it a little cheaper
also: if you have a PC, neuromixer is free (up to version 0.5 or something like that, check their site) and is actually a functional piece of free video mixing software

Hoxton, London UK
e.s.c. wrote:

i need to make a new demo...most recent vj mix i have up,

great stuff man

Philly, PA, USA
BetaSynapse wrote:

How are you guys doing all these visuals? I've poked around and found some decent software, but it all costs like $200+. Is there a hardware solution to mixing video feeds? I've got enough random video gear, but no way to mix it...

I use quartz composer to make visual.. uh compositions, and then i usually use vdmx for live mixing on the computer. Quartz is free and mac only, VDMX is 299, but the demo is free and is just missing the save presets feature, which is ok with me as long as i have like a half hour to set up before a show.

For hardware a lot of video mixers are really expensive but if you're looking for a cheap dirty way to mix video Karl Klomp came up with this brilliant little device called the Dirty Video Mixer that mixes composite video signals without sync which gives a really cool glitched look (a little less than half way down that page).
I made one for myself which was awesome, but it started fucking up just before the show, protip: don't use shitty components

other than that I've been experimenting with hardware glitched NES stuff (circuit bent/broken),

New York City

Going hardware is an expensive one way ticket to frustration and bankruptcy tongue
Get a decent software you pay for (VDMX, Modul8, Resolume, Arkaos) or for free (VVVV, Quartz Composer, OpenTZT) and get going with that. As long as you have a computer this is the best way to go.

IL, US

if you can tolerate the music, this was from a vj gig i did with ccdm & baconhanger (though he was wandering off a lot)

Austin, TX

Hey there! smile I just got my chipmusic.org account today (finally!), so I thought I would jump in and say hello. I've been performing custom NES visuals since about March. Rather than modifying NES hardware, I'm writing custom software in ASM. If you're interested, you can check out my website at http://www.partytimehexcellent.com, and you can browse through posts related to visuals (video from shows, screen grabs, etc.) by visiting http://www.partytimehexcellent.com/tagg … xcellent/. I'm learning a lot as I do more shows and write more code, and I hope my programming and artistic skills will improve with time. I am lucky enough to have met several of you talented folks at various shows in TX or at 8static. (Hi, friends!) I hope I get to meet or e-meet more of you in the future!

Last edited by Party Time! Hexcellent! (Jan 13, 2011 11:17 pm)

GNV / FL / USA
Party Time! Hexcellent! wrote:

Hey there! smile I just got my chipmusic.org account today (finally!)

heart

NYC

WELCOME ! smile

Philly, PA, USA

Good to see you here!

New York, NY

Akira!
Long time mah friend!
I'm just wondering, I know you do work in motion graphics, for broadcasting and such (pls correct me if I am wrong), how do you think that fits in or doesn't fit in with your history as a VJ?