Slovakia / European Union

YOBO FC-16 Go

Is this real SNES HW or FPGA Emulation?
Can it runs homebrew apps, trackers with KRIKZZ SNES SUPER EVERDRIVE?

YOUTUBE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXS07rZDzVc

PIC
\

Hmm so maybe it is right time for SNES chipmusic...
Someone can code SNESTracker for PC or SNES.
Or good XM/MOD player or DJ Tool for SNES...

Last edited by Tinctu (Jan 15, 2011 9:20 pm)

Minneapolis

A few things with this: this is most certainly not real SNES HW. It's a hardware emulation. One thing to note is that Yobo's NES and SNES clones are known for having fairly poor sound reproduction.

Other than that, I have no idea what kind of memory mapping / cartridge support it has.

Thnx so I rather will buy real SNES...

matt's mind

i'm not a fan of the yobo clones myself.  for a clone, they aren't so great compared to others.  not tried this particular one though.

San Francisco

why snes? amiga does it better and snes is you know.... shit.

Last edited by wedanced (Jan 15, 2011 11:02 pm)

UK

the spu700 in the snes was one of the most important bits of audio h/w developed for consoles and the granddaddy of audio chips in the Sony psx/ps2 and ps3... 8 separate channels of 16bit 32kHz audio, revolutionary (for the time) sample compression, realtime echo and noise generation all wrapped up in stereo... its hardly -shit-

:-)

Wedanced: What ne7 said... smile.

WOW MAN!

Have to agree - I loved working on the SNES. The audio engine I wrote on it was ace - ran on compressed (optimised) MIDI files and had multi-sampled instruments, velocity switching, dynamic playback controlled be external variables, all sorts of cool stuff.

I wonder if I still have the code....hmmm...

ne7 wrote:

the spu700 in the snes was one of the most important bits of audio h/w developed for consoles and the granddaddy of audio chips in the Sony psx/ps2 and ps3... 8 separate channels of 16bit 32kHz audio, revolutionary (for the time) sample compression, realtime echo and noise generation all wrapped up in stereo... its hardly -shit-

:-)

wedanced wrote:

why snes? amiga does it better and snes is you know.... shit.

Err, have you written music on the snes?   It was very capable for the time, the only downside I felt was the delay in uploading samples to it but that just meant you had to plan ahead.

rochester, ny
neilbaldwin wrote:

Have to agree - I loved working on the SNES. The audio engine I wrote on it was ace - ran on compressed (optimised) MIDI files and had multi-sampled instruments, velocity switching, dynamic playback controlled be external variables, all sorts of cool stuff.

I wonder if I still have the code....hmmm...

yeah bust that code out! sntrq!

Milwaukee, WI

The SNES is quite cool.  The FIR filter has a wonderful sound.  The noise generation is sweet too.  Come to think of it, there are a lot of projects with the SNES APU standalone and now the new breeds of cheaper SNES flashcarts.  The doors are blown wide open for a dev to code some great software!

@neilbaldwin: sounds like core for first snestracker big_smile ever...

hardcore, Australia

I would love a snes tracker. provided there existed an easy way to load my samples on there.