Chicago IL

does it just go to the most recent post? i thought it was supposed to go to first post since the last time you read, just clicked new posts on a 7 page thread i havent looked at before, and it brought me straight to the last post.

New York City

It goes to the first post since you last read that thread.

Chicago IL

yeah but i'm saying it didn't

Los Angeles
Saskrotch wrote:

yeah but i'm saying it didn't

I'm pretty sure its based on your cookies and not data from the database. So if you cookie has expired YOU LOSE.

Chicago IL

so am i going to have to clear my chipmusic cookies every time i load it up? it seems like all the problems i have get fixed like that hahaha

just cleared them, and new posts button still always takes me to the last post in the thread.

xp / firefox 3.5.7

Last edited by Saskrotch (Jan 18, 2010 10:29 pm)

Los Angeles

it appears new posts takes you to the oldest-new post since your last visit.

Chicago IL

hmm. alright.

i'll stay diligent on this and post my findings

Milan, Italy

got this problem too...
XP / Google Chrome 3.0

Philly, PA, USA

i think if you've not read a thread at all it just takes you to the last one...

Los Angeles

It's not a problem just unexpected behavior. I didn't code these forums.

From a coding perspective it would be rather annoying to track not only when you last viewed a topic, but also the last post you have seen in that topic.

Milan, Italy
pixls wrote:

i think if you've not read a thread at all it just takes you to the last one...

oh. lol. you right. smile

problem solved.

Chicago IL

yeah i'm not worried about it, just wanted to bring it to your attention in case it was important!

Eanske, Holland

must say 8bc has a slightly easier "your posts" button to keep track of what you posted, not your own post but the topic is displayed in a more easy way I think. sometimes. yeah.

Los Angeles
poke-1,170 wrote:

must say 8bc has a slightly easier "your posts" button to keep track of what you posted, not your own post but the topic is displayed in a more easy way I think. sometimes. yeah.

Your Posts is a "advanced" search page query. which will be added here and is planned. Too busy working on the music section first.
As far as Topics we might be switching them to Title case as oppose to upper as it is already like that in the "snow" theme.

A gray world of dread

I like the single post view, because you can easily go from there to the thread, and it's most useful when I'm looking for a discussion I had but don't remember where. Plus you can fav threads you want to keep taps on.

Chicago IL

ooh it worked correctly for this thread just now!

ooh ooh ooh!