Milwaukee, WI

Hi!  For those of you interested in writing music for the Atari 8-Bit computers a fellow by the name of candle has made (and is making) some relevant products.

VideoBoard XE

A FPGA replacement for the video chip in the Atari.  Has added graphic modes that look quite nice!  Also provides high quality video outputs.

SimpleStereo Board

A dual POKEY upgrade as well as the Covox sampler (MOD's) in one.  Requires a small IO Board that has a ps/2 adapter as well and a SIO2PC interface.

Ultimate1MB

A 1MB (!) memory upgrade for the Atari.  Has an alternate DOS SpartaDosX built in as well as a real time clock that SDX uses.  A very handy combination of different products already available, not to mention how easy the install is.

SpeedDrive

A 2.5" hard drive interface as well as CF and SD card interfaces.  Won't have any problems storing data with this.  wink

SoundBoard

Another sound expansion.  The features seem to be in the air a little bit, but it looks to have full emulation of the Gravis Ultrasound PC audio card and a SID.  The best part is that the author of NeoTracker is in on it and will be/is writing a tracker for it.  This is all emulated in FPGA of course.

Exciting prospects!  Check the links for more detailed info.

I also feel I should mention this.  A nice standard stereo POKEY upgrade which is notable for its small size, and the fact that it has a preamp and lowpass filtering (bass boost) built in.  Also the GTIA click is routed through as well which is dandy as 1-bit can join in on the fun too!

Last edited by Theta_Frost (Jan 15, 2011 4:11 am)

The Rubber Man

SoundBoard isn't actually ready yet, and _maybe_ it could be ready at the end of this year.

It will have 16 digital channels in 8bit quality (maybe with filters possibility), plus some synthesizer (maybe FM) plus Pokey's emulator.

Now they're trying to make a SID-play on it.

Seems like 8Mb of RAM will be on-board.

Ah - and what's important: small usage of the computer's main CPU will be required.

Last edited by YERZMYEY (Jan 17, 2011 9:52 am)

Slovakia / European Union

smile thanks for links!

Last edited by Tinctu (Jan 17, 2011 12:45 pm)

New York City

I am still trying to get an Atari XE. I probaly bag one this year. Seems hella cool.
I am n a phase of letting everything go, however I might still buy this machine, i always wanted one xD

Do these work on an XE Game System too?

The Rubber Man
akira^8GB wrote:

Do these work on an XE Game System too?

Yes, but You'd must have a keyboard for it.

My friend has XEGS with all those modifications (in a way he has also a SoundBoard because he's a betatester). Works very good for him.

New York City

I used to have the whole system, I sold it to UI, but now I am looking to get it again. I like how it looks with teh detached keyboard.

Yes XEGS are very well designed. Yes you can have all mods for XEGS too...

Milwaukee, WI
YERZMYEY wrote:

SoundBoard isn't actually ready yet, and _maybe_ it could be ready at the end of this year.

It will have 16 digital channels in 8bit quality (maybe with filters possibility), plus some synthesizer (maybe FM) plus Pokey's emulator.

Now they're trying to make a SID-play on it.

Seems like 8Mb of RAM will be on-board.

Ah - and what's important: small usage of the computer's main CPU will be required.

Thanks for the clarification!  It should be a cool product either way.  XEGS is cool, but when I get an XE I'm shooting for a 130XE.  smile

New York City

I eitehr want a 130 or the GS, I think I will still go for the XEGS, more space inside for mods and I can put my TV on top of it and optimize space tongue

I have 2 x 130 XE one with RasterĀ“s StereoPCB smile. In summer I want upgrade second one with 1MB, 4xOS, soundboard, VBXE when they will be still available... And that "speeddisk"s looks great too smile. Gonna buy them too...

New York City

Tell me more about 4xOS.

I been dodging the issue of getting an XL machine because I really don't want to clutter up with shit I'll never use, but I am pretty sure in the coming weeks I'll get one tongue

4 x OS
http://lotharek.pl/5/product/info/19
If you will have 1MB upgrade you will need QMEG, or SPARTADOSX or another one that supports 1MB...

Last edited by Tinctu (Jan 17, 2011 7:16 pm)

Milwaukee, WI

Note that the Ultimate 1MB upgrade has memory for 4 OS's.  So you could have SpartaDosX, Diamond, etc.

Also: Lotharek really upgraded his site since last time I checked!

Last edited by Theta_Frost (Jan 18, 2011 12:50 am)