STARDRAIN, CA

Monthly Chiptune Shindig
w/ KOOL SKULL and Friends.
@MEOWMEOWZ Rock Shop, Pasadena!

<<DISCLAIMER | This class is meant for people who do not know anything about chip music and would like to be involved, or people who are aware, but need help with LSDJ or LGPT. If you are a Seasoned chiptuner, please do come also, you can help teach!>>

First Saturday of every month from 12noon until 5pm is an open Class.
Bring your gameboy and I'll show you what you can do with it!

Last Saturday of every month, from 5pm-9pm is a showcase for
new chiptuners who came to the previous class to show off what they Learned.
Guest chip musicians will also be there to show you what they know!

for $20 you get to attend one class, perform at one showcase, and a limited edition Tee shirt that will be different every month! (if you are familiar with LSDJ already, consider this a jam session or Social Chooning!)

If you are not sure what to bring,
you need a Gameboy (Color, Old school, or Pocket preferred).
or just bring in any laptop.
and if your'e bringing an Actual Gameboy instead of a Laptop, you'll need a USB Flash Gameboy Cartridge

Last edited by Kool Skull (Jan 17, 2011 10:12 am)

Liverpool, UK

This is an awesome idea, I hope it takes off! Although maybe there should be an option to not have a t-shirt and pay less than 20 bux?

STARDRAIN, CA
calmdownkidder wrote:

This is an awesome idea, I hope it takes off! Although maybe there should be an option to not have a t-shirt and pay less than 20 bux?

Yeah, but we really need the money to not only keep the place going, and usually this place gets 17 bucks an hour renting out this back area as a rehersal studio. I'm not expecting a large turnout, so if i convince like four kids to come on out, then we should be able to break even.

Brazil

Great idea, hope you can manage to keep it for a few months!

Anahiem, CA

Sounds sick! I'll try and make it. I'll hit up your email.

Los Angeles, CA

I'll come out at some point and throw down some LSDJ pointers.

STARDRAIN, CA
Wizwars wrote:

I'll come out at some point and throw down some LSDJ pointers.

god idea!

Wellington, New Zealand

Be sure to post how many people turn up and how it all went smile I'd like to hear how it all goes, as oldgreywolf from New Zealand was thinking of doing this sort of thing (apart from the people coming to help teach, as there are practically no chiptuners around here)