philly

just sayin... we dont need a billion different sub-forums like 8bc has... that is one of the things i find annoying about it... how about this:

General Discussion
Releases
Events
For sale/trade

and heck... since im using it...

Suggestions

i doubt anyone will listen to /me/ tho - guess i will once again rely on the search feature to find good discussions

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

I like it since you don't go into general discussion and end up seeing a bunch of posts about upcoming shows.
Also, the recent posts button works well if you don't want to click on every sub-forum that shows there are new posts.

But I see where your coming from...

Los Angeles

There are 21 forums, 10~ less then some other sites.

We tried to keep the count donw low while not mixing things up too much.

Unsubscribe

Just keep the door open for consolidation if certain forums dont catch fire (look at you, circuit bending!")

Los Angeles
herr_prof wrote:

Just keep the door open for consolidation if certain forums dont catch fire (look at you, circuit bending!")

yes of course, I too think the less the better

philly
Reteris wrote:

I like it since you don't go into general discussion and end up seeing a bunch of posts about upcoming shows.
Also, the recent posts button works well if you don't want to click on every sub-forum that shows there are new posts.

But I see where your coming from...

thats why i listed "events"

anyhow im glad to see that people agree that less is better... i like herr prof's idea... if some dont catch on... they can go bye bye

philly

I also share the opinion that the most concise forum set-up is the best.

Here's how I would do it - Both Feature Requests and Report an Error could be specific threads instead of forums, right? So under Site Operations, you could have "Rules & Announcements", and "Bugs and Requests".

Under Community, you could possibly nix Meet-Ups? On another forum I post on that has no subforums beneath it, people have no trouble organizing meet ups around the country. I think I could see all that happening in the General Discussion. You could have a "Shows / Events" subforum to combine Upcoming and Past Events. How would you nicely browse all the upcoming shows and not have to wade through bumped threads about past shows, or discussions about booking shows? You could simply sticky them, and then unsticky when passed.

I am cool with all the hardware / software sections, I do like different platforms / tools having their own corner. If I had to dig through a million LSDJ threads to find NES related ones, that would be a a hassle.

So, the above would trim out 3 subforums! smile Just a suggestion of course, I appreciate the forums you have set up for us. big_smile

Los Angeles
bucky wrote:

I also share the opinion that the most concise forum set-up is the best.

Here's how I would do it - Both Feature Requests and Report an Error could be specific threads instead of forums, right? So under Site Operations, you could have "Rules & Announcements", and "Bugs and Requests".

Under Community, you could possibly nix Meet-Ups? On another forum I post on that has no subforums beneath it, people have no trouble organizing meet ups around the country. I think I could see all that happening in the General Discussion. You could have a "Shows / Events" subforum to combine Upcoming and Past Events. How would you nicely browse all the upcoming shows and not have to wade through bumped threads about past shows, or discussions about booking shows? You could simply sticky them, and then unsticky when passed.

I am cool with all the hardware / software sections, I do like different platforms / tools having their own corner. If I had to dig through a million LSDJ threads to find NES related ones, that would be a a hassle.

So, the above would trim out 3 subforums! smile Just a suggestion of course, I appreciate the forums you have set up for us. big_smile

Good idea

matt's mind

agree 100%

the more consolidation, the better.  some thngs would obviously not need to be done that way....  (topics that will have overwhelming amounts of threads)...

but, functionally similar mod actions (like the error reporting and bugs and feature requests, etc.) can certainly be consolidated.

i like it.

Los Angeles

doing so

Tacoma WA

the meet ups forums is kind of nice because it keep threads that may not be as busy and would sink to the 2nd or third page easily accessible.