Chicago

I know some people who run a non-profit that connects artists with charitable causes, and after talking with some of them they might be interested in helping set up a chiptunes event. They are really good at organizing and running events, so it might be a good way to have another Chicago area concert, bring in some good artists, help out a good cause, get the scene a little more established in illinois, and have someone else handle details.

Would any Chicago area (or midwest) chiptunes people be interested in such an event? Their non-profit is called "The Prop," and their site is <www.the-prop.org>

Michigan

*raises hand*

keep us posted!

IL, US

im down, man...ps, i have a recording of your open mic track, remind me to send you the link later

Chicago, IL

i'm down, hit me with deets at [email protected]

Chicago, IL

whoops, didn't fuck with my e-mail.  Google demons got me now.

PDX, PDX

I'd be interested.  I plan on heading Chicago-way soon anyways,  [email protected]

Chicago

I'll email the people, get some information, and get back to all y'all once I know more details

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

I'd be down.. gotta know the date well in advance and a couch to crash on. wink
MEGABUS!

logan at lowgain-audio dot com

Chicago

So here, is what I got from the people at the Prop:

The steps to running something like this with them include:

0. Choosing an artistic medium for the event (this one is obvious)

1. Getting a team together and thinking of a cause to support

2. Having that team interact with the team at The Prop to put together the logistics of the event (who/how/where) - they say they can help a bunch on getting logistics together

I saw a link to playpower (http://playpower.org/) on No Carrier's site, which I think is a legit cause that can bring in support, is easy to have people rally around - potentially easy to get people interested, and fits with our medium very well.

So - the question now is: who might be interested in getting stuff organized, and who is interested in playing? If you want to help get things organized, send me a message with your email and we can then take steps in getting a date and location set up. If you are just interested in playing, let me know that as well

Thanks

Brooklyn NY US

Moving this to General Discussion. Once a confirmed show is happening, please feel free to post about it in Upcoming Events.

IL, US

i can help a little/play (as long as the timing is good) though im still pretty busy through the end of this month

Michigan

still interested in playing.

Chicago, IL USA

I'm always happy to help/play. Though a little light on the help end this semester as school + teaching is taking up a lot of my time. Still I'll try to stay in the loop and see what I can offer in the way of a helping hand.

San Diego, CA

I'm actually acquaintances with some of the people involved with Playpower! most of them are based here in San Diego so I can definitely help you guys out with contacting them if needed!

Chicago

Given that it seems like everyone is hella busy, I am inclined to push the concert to something like May 20. would that be better for those of you who have less expendable time?

IL, US

Haha, that's during blip wink