England

datamoshpit wrote:

The first time i was introduced to chiptune music, I was sent a link to download a compilation called "8-bit to the floor" on Kittenrock records. I had never heard of chiptune before. on that compolation, was one of the greatest songs I had ever heard. it was called "Funkgland" by Jellica and Josstintimberlake. that track was not only funky, but it had a great chord progression that held thick throughtout the entire song. it was abstract enough to stay interesting, yet so simple that it did not need anything else. the fact that it was low-fi was not even a relevant topic in my view. it was well done regardless of the process because the result was so flawless. I also ended up downloading "COW" by JT (Joss Manley, Josstintimberlake) and was greatly influenced by Joss and his brother jake in the way I wrote songs. Even though I am naturally keen on writing very fast and violent songs, They have showed me that it always helps to step back, relax, chillout, and put some creepy samples in it. I am very blessed to be able to design art for and publish this album. I hope you like it, and if you ever see a copy of this in a physical format, i reccomend you buy two copies, keep one, and give one to someone who is looking for inspiration. Thanks Jake and Joss!!!

- Juan Larrazabal, "KOOL SKULL" Jan 25th 2011 10:34PM Los Angeles CA. :::: :

http://datamoshpit.com/

huh papppay

Vienna

10 years already? daaang...downloading!

England

heh yeah, a couple of trax ain't so chip though.
this release is pretty silly btw!

Last edited by Jellica (Jan 27, 2011 12:07 pm)

california

+1 , big fan of this sid stuff.