california

Hey there chipocrits. I was just about to finally order a c64tpc, and when I got to the page it says that he's not selling. I'm mailing him about it. If it turns out that he's out of the game, what other choices are there? Mostly just want it for Mssiah, but games and shit would be cool too. Don't really want to bother with a floppy disk drive.

EDIT: just found this thread: http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/450/c … e-options/. Seems thorough. So does anyone have a method that they recommend? Or funny disk drive anecdotes?

Last edited by gizmo (Jan 27, 2011 2:51 am)

San Francisco

no answer just a question. does the XU1541 Adapter work with macs? I would like one of those SD but i am not sure if there is special software that is used to place stuff on the SD

california

Just to verify about the c64tpc, yeah he's stopped making them for now. sad Still considering which option is best.

Minneapolis

You could try this: poke the fellow via email and ask that if he's stopped selling them he release the plans so others can build them. Then commission one. smile

california

Well I asked him why he quit and said that he cant find an IEC jack, whatever that may be. I'll ask him about releasing the plans tho. Would be cool. But I'll probably just end up going with one of the SD card solutions.