Milan, Italy

I bought a month ago a drummachine and i'm having a lot of fun playing it with my gameboys.
I've prepared a bumping liveset but i totally need a compressor.
Any nice advice? i'd like to spend under 100€ for a second-hand machine.
It HAS to be portable, so no rack units, please.

plus: any website where i could find cheap rca and jack cables for cheap in europe?

Last edited by arottenbit (Feb 3, 2011 3:57 pm)

Westfield, NJ

Alesis Bitrman has a compressor. Works pretty well I guess.

Brunswick, GA USA

From http://www.gearslutz.com/board/electron … und-2.html

Milan, Italy

i'd prefer to don't buy rack units. Even if that's the holy grail, i just need something cheap to plug my gameboys in, lol.

at the moment the two option i've seen are these:
SAMSON C-COM OPTI (100€ used)

ALESIS SMASHUP (80€ new)

any other advice?

Last edited by arottenbit (Feb 3, 2011 5:07 am)

Brunswick, GA USA

3630's are not that deep either, they're only 1U size for convenience

Milan, Italy

would you really advice it? i'm reading some reviews and they really don't use nice words on it... (and for that price i could buy a dbx266)

also, i'd really love to do some sidechining, is it possible with a 3630?

Last edited by arottenbit (Feb 3, 2011 5:07 am)

Brooklyn NY US

http://www.fmraudio.com/rnc.htm

Tacoma WA

the FMR stuff is really nice.  i had a FMR RNLA on loan from a friend and it was great

i have a 3630 and love it for its shit sound, i mean this thing colors the sound majorly.  which for what i do is no problem for the most part. 
its really cheap as well

York, Yorkshire
arottenbit wrote:

would you really advice it? i'm reading some reviews and they really don't use nice words on it... (and for that price i could buy a dbx266)

also, i'd really love to do some sidechining, is it possible with a 3630?

+1 for DBX266 - I know it's rack, but it's sweet as.  Or, keep your eye on ebay for a JoeMeek MC2.

TBH, reading your first post again, I think your budget is a bit too tight.  You're really only in the market for a cheap bit of tat, or perhaps a pair of cheap stop boxes, like Line 6 Constrictor.

EDIT: A quick Google brought up Behringer MiniCom COM800, there may be other Behringer options in budget.  This falls in the cheap tat category, but with your budget I'm not sure you have many options sad

Last edited by BitPop (Feb 3, 2011 12:03 pm)

IL, US

this, seriously..
love mine

Milan, Italy

uuh!
Those FRM stuff look really nice! (and the price is ok)

what's the differences between the RNC and RNAL models?

São Paulo, Brazil

this looks really really good. Too bad in Brazil it costs ridiculously R$ 800,00 (about Us$ 500,00)

Unsubscribe

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/1997_ar … ocomp.html

sweden

Probably the first time Daft Punk wasn't mentioned in a post about the 3630 tongue

You can also sidechain on behringers crappy compressors, if that was your main thought.

I doubt that anyone sells new smashups though.

Milan, Italy

I cannot sidechain using the Alesis Smashup, so i don't want it.
I've read really nice reviews about that RNC1773, so i'm probably buying it (on ebay i could find it for 120€).

Brunswick, GA USA
nordloef wrote:

Probably the first time Daft Punk wasn't mentioned in a post about the 3630 tongue

Whoops