New York City

Can anybody explain to me why everything that happens in another site is commented here in long detail?
It's like New York Times website talking about the downtime of CNN.com or whatever other news site.

We should start talking about a much better one, in that case, like truechiptilldeath.com or chiptune.com

Last edited by akira^8GB (Feb 4, 2011 1:31 pm)

Brazil

chiptune.com is the prettiest site EVER

Florida

Like most people here, I also use 8bc, so I'm interested in knowing what's going on with it. Doesn't seem too outlandish to me that we have an informative thread about it.

Canada

When one school of chip meets another.

The rivalry here is really silly.

Brazil

The thing is peple left 8bc full of anger. Those who didn't see it becoming a pool of hate don't understand comments like akira's, which is fine. But take that into consideration, it's not silly, it's just like that ex girlfriend you broke in bad terms.

A lot of the people coming here are innocent. This is a time to welcome and encourage people to chipmusic.org rather than give then an excuse to turn away and fuel yet more dissent amongst the chip music community. I get your perspective, I really do, but people need a place to find answers, you're fortunate (chipmusic.org) that people are coming here for them, which says a something about the community wanting to come together.

Last edited by m0d (Feb 4, 2011 3:25 pm)

New Bedford

?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They would be more accepting if they didn't just come here to make threads about 8bc?????

Just sayin'.

I spot one thread.

Brazil
m0d wrote:

A lot of the people coming here are innocent. This is a time to welcome and encourage people to chipmusic.org rather than give then an excuse to turn away and fuel yet more dissent amongst the chip music community. I get your perspective, I really do, but people need a place to find answers, you're fortunate (chipmusic.org) that people are coming here for them, which says a something about the community wanting to come together.

I can't disagree. I would debate some more but it really doesn't matter, actually. Silly are my arguins (is that the correct word?).

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

i likes chipmusic.org! i generally like the forums here better....but that's just me.....derp!

Unsubscribe

Battlestar galacticas robots where WAY cooler than the robots from star wars.

Geneva, NY

Here's the deal:

With the exception of Jose, the entire former 8bc dev team is now part of the dev/admin team here.  Things at 8bc were not handled in a manner that was considered acceptable to said devs/admins and thus, this site/forum was born as a direct result of that group deliberately distancing themselves from 8bc.  So when 8bc gets wonky for whatever reason, it's kind of like a slap in the face for this stable site to have to act as the temporary Mouth of the Collective while things get sorted there.

I encourage all of you who are here simply because 8bc is offline to upload a song or two, listen to a song or 2 and comment on a song or 2.  Sure, the list of music uploads isn't on the main page but it's merely one click away.

Coaxially yours,
Daddy Dummy

New York City

Bleo has spoken.

Grahamstown, South Africa
m0d wrote:

The rivalry here is really silly.

Well as you guys always say "you werent there, you never saw the hate" or something... but still; I think its time to move on. One thread simply to assuage curiosity about another site does not mean all this site is here for is to back up the later.

Jay Tholen wrote:

Like most people here, I also use 8bc, so I'm interested in knowing what's going on with it. Doesn't seem too outlandish to me that we have an informative thread about it.

Many people are curious. That's all it is.

Last edited by Cityscape, Go! (Feb 4, 2011 4:33 pm)