PDX

Chipmusic.org is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life.

uhajdafdfdfa

hey i am sorry if i came across as "people are only here while 8bc is down", but really i think 8bc.org is at least as relevant to the 'chip scene' as many other things posted here. it's just a discussion about something which a lot of us have an interest in, it was not intended to restart the 8bc vs chipmusic war for the millionth time.

anyway, it seems like no one really knows what happened to 8bc. i read on facebook that jose had accidentally deleted part of the database, but i'm not sure how true that is.

i hope it's back up soon

Brazil

I hope 8bc come back soon. I don't have anywhere to get my chiplols.

Grahamstown, South Africa
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

In other words the image section big_smile

Brazil
Cityscape, Go! wrote:
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

In other words the image section big_smile

Not really, I lol with the forums a lot. But whatever, don't pay attention to my comments.

Grahamstown, South Africa

I don't often get involved with the forums over there... mebe I should for the lols.

Sweeeeeeden

Completely random and off-topic (yeeeaaahh) but... Cityscape, what's the deal with the rightmost building in you avatar? Is it a guitar skyscraper?

Good riddance to anyone leaving 8bc because of childish drama. Seriously, it's not hard to ignore it, submit music, and comment on some. That's what 8bc does best. A nice active community. If chipmusic.org made a couple of key changes, it could shadow 8bc easily. But not being able to click on an artist name and see their list of music is enough of a reason to never use this site. But hey, at least you can PM someone. -_-

California
Skip Sandwich wrote:

Good riddance to anyone leaving 8bc because of childish drama. Seriously, it's not hard to ignore it, submit music, and comment on some. That's what 8bc does best. A nice active community. If chipmusic.org made a couple of key changes, it could shadow 8bc easily. But not being able to click on an artist name and see their list of music is enough of a reason to never use this site. But hey, at least you can PM someone. -_-

wow....

Geneva, NY
Skip Sandwich wrote:

...not being able to click on an artist name and see their list of music is enough of a reason to never use this site.

It's coming. For now you can add /music at the end of someone's profile url and stay a little longer. big_smile

Brazil
Skip Sandwich wrote:

This is the example of why people start being dicks. Why everytime 8bcs name appears here something ugly happens? There's a reason why we avoid talking about 8bc.

bleo wrote:
Skip Sandwich wrote:

...not being able to click on an artist name and see their list of music is enough of a reason to never use this site.

It's coming. For now you can add /music at the end of someone's profile url and stay a little longer. big_smile

Awesome, I look forward to that. I'm a little surprised it wasn't implemented sooner, but better late than never. And to anyone who thinks my claim is ridiculous, think about how the only way to view someones music is to go to their music from their song page (which they need a new song uploaded, to search their name, or to use the "new music" button from a forum page) These are all reason why it makes new artist VERY difficult to be discovered on this website.

Skip Sandwich wrote:

You're input means so much and we appreciate everything you have to say.

EDIT: Ok, that's too many drew pickles.

Last edited by Andrew Winzenburg (Feb 4, 2011 6:00 pm)

Andrew Winzenburg wrote:
Skip Sandwich wrote:

You're input means so much and we appreciate everything you have to say.

EDIT: Ok, that's too many drew pickles.

Nice, signature.

Unsubscribe

I wish half of these people engaged throughly in 8bc where half as engaged in the rest of the community. Maybe Id know who the fuck they were then. I really want to know who you are, but 8bc has alot going against it in terms of promoting anonyminity.

This is kinda reminding me of the last big blackout when I met all my neighbors. Hope we stay in touch!

signed, the first user to upload a file on 8bc,

herr_prof wrote:

I wish half of these people engaged throughly in 8bc where half as engaged in the rest of the community. Maybe Id know who the fuck they were then. I really want to know who you are, but 8bc has alot going against it in terms of promoting anonymity.

This is kinda reminding me of the last big blackout when I met all my neighbors. Hope we stay in touch!

signed, the first user to upload a file on 8bc,

What do you mean by not promoting anonymity?