Milwaukee, WI

I know a few people looking to play out in Cali again almost right after Blip and figured I'd ask.

This might even be a good time to start planning something.

(?)

Last edited by RG (Feb 3, 2011 10:07 pm)

lolusa

wouldn't be surprised if there was, there's always a show happening somewhere in cali.
I'd suggest So Simple Soundsystem, it's googleable. Wet Mango and WMX are a part of it and book shows all the god damned time.
I'm replying because I love playing in LA and I hope other people will start realizing it as well.

Milwaukee, WI

Thanks for the info! I'll check it out.

@the rest of you: nothing is happening in LA/elsewhere?

San Diego, CA

you should probably ask wizwars for that! I don't know of anything right after blip but that's because I don't plan that far ahead!

I'm totally down to start planning a show though smile

STARDRAIN, CA

you know what, let's just stay in LA and play "REALBLIP" an AWESOME wescoast rendition of what y'all peoples is doing. I'm sure that we could do this. and hey, going to NY would be way too much money and unnecessary work. Let's do our own thing, no disrespect, but just an industrious spirit. I'm oficially NOT going to NY, I'm putting on an awesome thang at LA.
hit me up:
[email protected]

Last edited by Kool Skull (Feb 4, 2011 5:46 am)

california
Kool Skull wrote:

you know what, let's just stay in LA and play "REALBLIP" an AWESOME wescoast rendition of what y'all peoples is doing. I'm sure that we could do this. and hey, going to NY would be way too much money and unnecessary work. Let's do our own thing, no disrespect, but just an industrious spirit. I'm oficially NOT going to NY, I'm putting on an awesome thang at LA.
hit me up:
[email protected]

That's a great idea! ..is it on a weekend?

Los Angeles, CA

I've already had some dudes hit me up about doing a show before Blip so I'm going to see what I can do. Something after could happen as well. Though let it be known that there are other people out here who have much more experience with booking shows than I do (the one of the 13th is the first show I've ever set up).

For me, going to Blip would be more about seeing other artists that I can't see at any other time. No offense to SoCal dudes, but I can see y'all play anytime. If some of those fancy European assholes end up on the Blipfest bill, well, unless we're going to pay for them to come out here, it's worth it to go.

Last edited by Wizwars (Feb 4, 2011 8:06 am)

Riverside, CA

BLIP FESTIVAL LOS ANGELES
FUND IT

Milwaukee, WI

I'm glad I posted this. How's about an event a few days after Blip?

california
Wizwars wrote:

I've already had some dudes hit me up about doing a show before Blip so I'm going to see what I can do. Something after could happen as well. Though let it be known that there are other people out here who have much more experience with booking shows than I do (the one of the 13th is the first show I've ever set up).

For me, going to Blip would be more about seeing other artists that I can't see at any other time. No offense to SoCal dudes, but I can see y'all play anytime. If some of those fancy European assholes end up on the Blipfest bill, well, unless we're going to pay for them to come out here, it's worth it to go.

I havent seen you SOCAL assholes yet. A biggish event in the future might be an excuse. You do have a point tho.

Last edited by gizmo (Feb 4, 2011 4:36 pm)

california

...double post!!

Last edited by gizmo (Feb 4, 2011 4:36 pm)

Unsubscribe
The Silph Scope wrote:

BLIP FESTIVAL LOS ANGELES
FUND IT

I want a blip fest west for the winter. Give me a excuse to be warm!

portland

If you guys are doing something on the west coast I would like to be a part of it. I am up in Portland but could travel since there is nothing going on up here as far as i know... is there?

San Diego, CA

if I just type in the word "yes" with way too many 's'es to be practical will that communicate my desire for this to happen properly?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

seriously though I'd be fucking (FUCKING) down to plan something.

Anahiem, CA

As much as I would love to go to NY and see all the heavy-hitters, the funds are not in order. However, if we were to hold our blip festivities here, I am more than willing to help/perform/plan/prep etc. etc.
Just PM here or email me at [email protected]

STARDRAIN, CA

HOOOOLLLYY crap.
Let's do it for OCTOBER!!!! that will be enough time to plan ahead, ad get funds in order. I want to book specific heavy hitters.
HALLOWEEN THEMED SHOW? COMEON GUYS!! LET'S DO IT!!!!It'll definitely need some awesome advertising, great fliers and posters and an awesome street team of chooners! also, public live shows to advertise the show... so a battery powered speaker.
I want to do live shows on hollywood blvd, and on venice beach.
I'll start a kickstarter
WISH LINEUP:

Aonami
BIT SHIFTER
BEASMODE
Dr. Von PNOK
DJ SCOTCH EGG (anyone got his contact???)
HUORATRON
NULLSLEEP
NESTROGEN
RALP
SHITBIRD

(and that's non WEST SIDE peoples)
PLUS A WEST COAST LINEUP?? DAANNGG!!!

WMX
WET MANGO
WIZWARS
SPACETOWNSAVIOR
MIKE BLEEDS
TTRRAASSHH8800
***STARPAUUSE
DROIDSONG
MISTER SPASTIC!!!!!!!!!!
OOVENRAKE!!
BEYTAH

plus people I have not yet mentioned.. come on....
also, you guys who want to play.. this could be VERY VERY AWESOME.

what if there was a gigantic pot-luck at the thing before the actual performances began? that would b kinda coool, idk just throwin ideas out....

Last edited by Kool Skull (Feb 5, 2011 9:04 am)