Parts Unkown

Greetings to All.

Inspired by Paul Slocum's synthcarts for the atari and c64, the NESK-1 is a synth cart for the nes.  It uses the 4 controller adapter which allows up to 32 buttons to be used.  Its in the final testing phases now.

Features include:
- Square Channel
- Triangle Channel
- Noise Channel
- 8 Scales w/ adjustable root note
- Arp w/ adjustable rate and intervals
- 2 Sweep settings w/ adjustable rate and direction
- 2 Chord settings w/ adjustable intervals
- Decay w/ adjustable rate
- 2 Tone Banks: Synthesizer and Drums
- 2 Noise Banks.
- All settings can be adjusted without using a monitor or tv

To see the video:  http://heavyw8bit.com/nes_synth.php

Thanks!

Very cool!

Nomad's Land

oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii... looks awesome!

IL, US

this and an arduino could be fun, too bad i dont have time for it really

Winter Haven, FL

NESK-1!!!

Philly, PA, USA

This looks awesome, I need one of those controller splitter things...

Riverside, CA

This demands a full NES Orchestra.

2011: Year of the NES (Part II)

California

there really is a huge demand for NES music tools right now. this is a huge accomplishment. thank you.

Philly, PA, USA
*E wrote:

2011: Year of the NES (Part II)

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐

very cool!

Neo Jersey

this is AWEOSME. It's pretty much exactly what I've been looking for. I'm glad people are making stuff like this. Can't wait till its done!

United Kingdom

More NES Dev! This looks sweet!

I wrote an email to HeavyW8bit but he never replyed. So: Is there any possibility to grab a cartridge for PAL, or a ROM of it?
I would really appreciate this ._.

Melbourne, Australia

HeavyW8bit - I was wondering if you would be interested in adapting NESK-1 to make a MIDI version for use with my FamiiDI code? What I have in mind is that instead of reading in the 8 bits of Controller 1 as an eight note scale, I could tweak the FamiiDI code to assign a byte containing a MIDI Note Number to the eight controller buttons - immediately increasing NESK-1's range from 8 notes to 128 notes! smile

So when reading from Controller 1, bits 6 to 0 would represent a MIDI Note value between 0 and 127, and then bit 7 could be used to represent Note On / Off - what do you think?

I was making plans to write my own MIDI-controlled NES synth from scratch, and realised I would want to include all of the features of NESK-1 - so I figured it couldn't hurt to see if you would be open to collaborating on an adapted version? I would be more than happy to do all of the work on the Arduino side of things!

this is insanely awesome!