california
trash80 wrote:

Ppps: jose made some major mistakes which inspired this sites launch, like facebook is to myspace, we felt there needed to be a better option for the chipmusic community which was open, free for use and free from ads, and didn't make you feel like a dirty whore after use.

Yeah, seems shady. But... are there ads on 8bc?

Westfield, NJ

Bottom of rightmost column on the homepage. Something about playing poker online or something. You can't miss it.

8bc wrote:

Great news to all who enjoy our community! We’ve been getting some good feedback from a site called PokerListings for our work with the community. PokerListings is a website that focuses on providing in-depth content about poker and reviews for all the poker websites. The content team over there is working with a campaign to support social and gaming web projects and we thank them for all the help they are providing to us. If you’re new to our community, why not create an account and take part of all the good stuff?

3 links in that.

Last edited by Decktonic (Feb 5, 2011 7:21 am)

california

Dayum! Can't believe I never noticed. That does make me feel slutty.

Grahamstown, South Africa
gizmo wrote:

Dayum! Can't believe I never noticed. That does make me feel slutty.

Hahaha, I never really noticed either... well I did, but I didn't take it in properly. FML.

I miss the fuck out of 8bc.
I say we break out the pitch forks.

rochester, ny

i never really saw the drama on 8bc. i'm not saying there wasn't any, i just never really saw any of it.

that being said, i do think the quality of the discussion on this board is higher than that one.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

www.8bitcollective.org *laughs* i didn't know that url was taken by someone else

☺☺☺
Decktonic wrote:

Bottom of rightmost column on the homepage. Something about playing poker online or something. You can't miss it.

8bc wrote:

Great news to all who enjoy our community! We’ve been getting some good feedback from a site called PokerListings for our work with the community. PokerListings is a website that focuses on providing in-depth content about poker and reviews for all the poker websites. The content team over there is working with a campaign to support social and gaming web projects and we thank them for all the help they are providing to us. If you’re new to our community, why not create an account and take part of all the good stuff?

3 links in that.

not justifying (well maybe a tad) but isnt that much better than automatic forum posts that contain banners (onlyoldskool.com,ihatebreakcore.com,etc)

OT: i love you all, I think we all forget we fell from the same tree at one point smile

....just some have rolled farther from the tree/smashed into the ground creating a sticky mess heart

Philly, PA, USA
low-gain wrote:

www.8bitcollective.org *laughs* i didn't know that url was taken by someone else

I like "revive bath and body" as a sponser

california
nickmaynard wrote:

that being said, i do think the quality of the discussion on this board is higher than that one.

Yeah not even debatable. It's like 4chan or some shit. And full of n00bs who just wanna talk shit.

What a bullshit rivalry. Most of us have the same aim spending time on these boards: to learn, and help others learn. Drama queens only add fuel to the feud.

Westfield, NJ
Zomvor wrote:

Drama queens only add fuel to the feud.

Zomvor wrote:

fuel to the feud.

Zomvor wrote:

fuel ... feud.

I always end up posting inane things in threads that talk about how chipmusic.org is so mature and intelligent.

california

I wasn't trying to say that CM is mature. I just happen to have a complaint about the forums over there. I like 8bc.

take off your shoes when you enter please or crawl around on the floor with your fucking knees. dont mind the smell you'll get used to it, moth balls, fried squid, and that buddah shit

Brooklyn NY US

I couldn't believe this thread was still going on (or that it existed at all); then I saw who the OP was and it all made sense.

Chepachet, Rhode Island

The most important thing for most people when using 8bc is feedback.  I've only been a dedicated follower and contributer to 8bc for a couple months now and the only reason I don't post songs here as much is I almost know I won't get any feedback.  It's not about "likes" for me, but for others who may be a bit more into the little ego boost I can tell why'd they'd be annoyed at 8bc.  If you're not already well known, you're not going to get the 350 "likes" that quite possibly a lesser song would get by someone everyone already knows. For someone that wants to learn and get better I think 8bc is a better community though.  Ignoring mindless trolls and stupidity isn't difficult and If i happen upon a song that is pure crap it's easy to just click away or actually leave CONSTRUCTIVE feedback rather than flame someone's hard work.    A lot of people forget that everyone starts somewhere and chipmusic.org really falls victim to that.