The Carl is many, yet he is only one.

Fuckin shapeshifters.

Planet Zaxxon

heart heart heart !!!!!

Thanks you guys!!! smile

Happy birthday Carlz0rz !

smile

Somebody get this man a Blip gig already.

California

can I ask why the two laptops? also does adlib tracker require much processing and ram power to run well?

Last edited by Rei Yano (Feb 6, 2011 10:41 pm)

BOSTON

man, carls birthday party was so awesome

Planet Zaxxon
Rei Yano wrote:

can I ask why the two laptops? also does adlib tracker require much processing and ram power to run well?

So I can do "seamless" sets and just go right into the next track (pretty much what I did in the video, going back and forth on each laptop). Its also nice to have 2 in case something happens to one.. OLDIE LAPTOPS!!! RISKY RISKY!!!

adlib tracker doesn't require much ram at all. All my songs will run on a Pentium 1 with 48 mb of ram (laptop on the left in video as 48 mb). Plays back fine to me, and I didn't see any difference playing any songs on a P1 with 256mb, or even a P3 with 768 mb.

Westfield, NJ

Wait so which platforms do you use with each of your aliases?

California

one more Q? linux, windows, dos?

Planet Zaxxon
Decktonic wrote:

Wait so which platforms do you use with each of your aliases?

OxygenStar: Sound Blaster 16 (Adlib Tracker, Impulse Tracker), midines, Amiga 4000 (rarely) for all the chiptune stuff. I also do electronic music under this name  where I will just use whatever I want.

Sadnes: midines, 1xNES. my guitar!, my voice!

Steady C: midines, 1XNES. my stupid voice!

Doomcloud: I create sounds with midines, adlib tracker, and ahx tracker, then throw them into FL for potential facesmashing groove bombers.

Rei Yano wrote:

one more Q? linux, windows, dos?

Adlib Tracker II runs on MS-DOS, but people use it with DOSBOX (for windows) which emulates it.

California

so when you look for a laptop do you specifically look for soundblaster? I had no idea laptops had soundblaster cards in em back then.

Planet Zaxxon

Well, in the laptops, they actually arent real SB16 cards, they are SB16 "clones" . I have a desktop computer here that I use to write and record all the music on, which has the real sb16 in it... The clone sb16 in the laptops sound pretty close to how the instruments sound on the real sb16.. Until I made that video in this thread... haha. I noticed that this one main lead patch is way different sounding compared to the real sb16.. but its coo cuz it still works for the song... The laptops are just for live use anyways.....

))<>((
O2star wrote:

DOSBOX (for windows)

And pretty much every other platform. wink

California

Yeah I was thinking about getting an old-timer lappy and use it for trackers. not sure why.... asthetics? I just think classic laptops are cool I guess. most do not have a functional battery even tongue they just work from the wall. If anything I would love to run one straight command line (linux) and run a tracker from that (not sure how realistic this is). old laptop >> command line >> trackers >> yes, please.

on a side note would I be able to surf chipmusic.org from lynx or Elinks? :3