Grahamstown, South Africa

Days too Damp for Memory

I know this is a late post for this release but I just think, why not? Better late than never.

The LP album consists of 15 (1 secret track in full downloads) songs crafted by me in many different trackers, and studio programs. The music ranges from Raw NES sounds/songs to purely classical and indie compositions.

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it! It was really the highlight of my 2010 year.

PS: I'm busy working on a Bedtime Stories EP which should be out in about a month or two and which will hold 3 songs and three stories that are meant to be read with their respective songs. Hope it works out!

EDIT: Oh, and all my music is free, no email required.

good things to you all,
peace.

Last edited by Cityscape, Go! (Feb 12, 2011 5:17 am)

nice

Hobart, Australia

I listened to some of it, and I liked the idea of combining all the different styles, but I think you should cut back on the quantity of songs. It needs to be more focused. Some of the songs feel like sketches of greater ideas, but they haven't been finished. Maybe for the next one (not the Bedtime one, seems you already have ideas for that) try a 5 or 6 song EP combining a lot of the ideas you used here - the classical piano melody, what appears to be field samples, chiptune percussion, etc

I like the piano composition in the first song, but it sounds too digital for its own good. Maybe try and find a more natural piano sound?

There doesn't seem to be a lot of build in some of the songs, like Of Wind and Sky - they're just kind of floating through sound for three minutes. Maybe try and form some kind of song template, with climax and pay-off, for some of these tracks that just drift.

I like the use of a lot of different instruments.

I hope my criticism has been helpful. Look forward to more things.

Grahamstown, South Africa

Thank you a ton for the criticism. It is very helpful!:) this being my first full length album I'm glad I got some solid criticism! I agree full heartidly, its too unfocussed, many if the songs were added without thinking of the album as a whole, and as a result seem to jar with the other songs. My next album will be better produced hopefully. Thanks again