Wellington, NZ

So I have a school project due Wednesday, and it needs an arduinoboy.  The one I made is not functioning and new parts will be extremely costly to have shipped overnight from China.  If you have an arduinoboy I will buy it off of you and pay for overnight shipping/pickup if you are in new england area.  Heck, if I could just borrow it for the critique I could send it back after. 

I already have an arduino, it's the opto-isolator circuit that is having issues, if that makes a difference.

Don't PM, email me at [email protected]

hardcore, Australia

Is your project "build an arduinoboy"?

Los Angeles

Why ship from china? The optoisolator can be found locally. And I take it you checked that the midi wires are not reversed? And that the diode is not reversed?

hardcore, Australia
trash80 wrote:

And I take it you checked that the midi wires are not reversed?

This caused me so much frustration when i built mine.

Wellington, NZ
trash80 wrote:

Why ship from china? The optoisolator can be found locally. And I take it you checked that the midi wires are not reversed? And that the diode is not reversed?

I can not find one locally< i have tried.  And, yes, I checked that the MIDI wires were not reversed, three times.  The diode as well.  Though I fear I may have damaged the diode when trying to remove it...

Last edited by OwenMcGarry (Feb 7, 2011 3:37 am)

hardcore, Australia

With an LED and an LDR and some dark casing like a film cannister you could build a ghetto optoisolator.

Wellington, NZ

it looks like I am trekking out to the distant radio shack tomorrow in the hopes that they will have the parts I need.

rochester, ny

why not call them before you trek out there?

Los Angeles

radioshack prolly wont have optoisolators. they are fairly useless unles you need a cellphone plan.

Philly, PA, USA
trash80 wrote:

radioshack prolly wont have optoisolators. they are fairly useless unles you need a cellphone plan.

or shitty cables! or portable telephones!

Wellington, NZ

I did call to make sure they had the diodes, that's why I am going to the far one that does have them, rather than the closer ones that don't.  No go on the opto-isolators of course.

Last edited by OwenMcGarry (Feb 7, 2011 1:29 pm)