))<>((

INFO:

All tracks are all LSDJ, except track 03, which is LSDJ + an Acoustic Drum kit, compressed, and sent through an Arp2600v.

This is my first release of any sort, so be nice. smile

CC is my favourite. big_smile

Download
Listen Online

FERNDALE, MI, USA

im being completely honest, the artwork is atrociously cliche and uncreative. there are so many people out there that would be very willing and very helpful in regards to making a cover for you.

))<>((

lol, yeah I know. I was gonna release this like a month ago, but I was waiting on my GFX friend to do the cover art, but he's been busy, so I just asked my girlfriend to throw me something together. I'll have better cover art when I release an album. smile

Scotland

i thought there was already a chip event called fish and chiptunes? pretty uninspiring and too chip referential in terms of cover and names.

))<>((

I dunno, I wasn't aware of that. I came up with it with no outside influence while I was in New Zealand. And this is the first thing I've ever released, so be nice. sad

Scotland

oh, i wasn't claiming plagiarism! quite the opposite. like calling your album atebit or something - it has probably be done. it can really take away from a release of the titles seem a bit throw away - same with the cover art. your music may be awesome but the image being portrayed by the cover art is less than what one would hope for in a release.

))<>((

Well I'm fairly new to the chiptune scene, so I didn't really know this would be considered cliche. I thought it was cool, lol. ;p

Bronx, NY

I agree with what folks have said about the presentation here; try to avoid clichés.

As for the music itself, this is a good start, I hope you keep working on this and learn more and more and more (learning more is the most fun thing about chip music if you ask me ;D )

The title track is my favorite; especially the 2:20 mark or so, when things really pick up. A lot of fun! Overall I think you should be less scared of the WAV channel, and try to use it to its fullest potential. Also, work on transitions; the transitions throughout "Release the Glitch" seem especially rough.

Still, like I said, a good start. Best of luck moving forward, dude!

Last edited by DaPantz (Jan 19, 2010 3:48 am)

))<>((

Thanks for the response. smile

I use the WAV channel for most of my kicks, (I like WAV kicks better than Pulse kicks) but other than that, I've mostly used it for extra leads, over my pulse leads. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what every option on the WAV channel does. wink

And transitions have never been my strongest point. tongue

São Paulo, Brazil

www.myspace.com/fishandchip8bit

))<>((

Yeah, I noticed them recently.

Although it's not what I'm calling myself, so I don't see a conflict at all.

Scotland

In a way that, if I made rock music, I would avoid calling my first EP The Rolling Stones.

Psydney, Australia

There was also a long-running chipmusic collection on the Amiga during the nineties called "fish'n'chips".

Funny how everyone seems eager to discuss the name, but so far only one post regarding the music itself... smile

Last edited by iLKke (Jan 19, 2010 8:46 pm)

))<>((
iLKke wrote:

Funny how everyone seems eager to discuss the name, but so far only one post regarding the music itself... smile

mehhhhhhhhh.

Scotland
iLKke wrote:

There was also a long-running chipmusic collection on the Amiga during the nineties called "fish'n'chips".

Because that is people's first impressions. I wouldn't buy an action film called 'Big Explosions & Guns' that had a big explosion on the front and a gun. With pictures of Arnie on the back and various references to other action movies. It feels cheap, to me.

))<>((

Yeah, I get it.