Central-ish VA

I so very very want that chipmusic.org DMG.  That one and the 8bc one I consider your finest work.

0R360N

Just finished the steampunk DMG I was working on.. whatcha think

the the full gallery here
http://Thretris.deviantart.com/art/STEA … -150955918

Scotland

I'm a huge advocator on arcade steam-punk. Looks beautiful.
There's a brilliant arcade cabinet you may be familiar with, also looks great

PS - Is your e-mail address still the same? Curious if you're still wanting to kit out the Game Boy for me.

0R360N
Edward Shallow wrote:

PS - Is your e-mail address still the same? Curious if you're still wanting to kit out the Game Boy for me.

THANKS, sorry I havent replied... but I have not got my backlights from nonfinite, and I dont think I will be able to backlight it for you. I do have the DMGs now. I can still paint it and pro-sound it if you like?

))<>((

I love the shit out of your work, man.

That backlit pocket *drools*... I think it is safe to say that is definitely my favorite gameboy you have ever painted... It is just so... beautiful

New York City

That steampunk shit is pretty fucking cool, but I'd never touch it. BEst be in a display spot somewhere.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Jan 19, 2010 12:51 pm)

Scotland
Thretris wrote:
Edward Shallow wrote:

THANKS, sorry I havent replied... but I have not got my backlights from nonfinite, and I dont think I will be able to backlight it for you. I do have the DMGs now. I can still paint it and pro-sound it if you like?

Won't be able to backlight because you're yet to receive or from a technical viewpoint? Would you be able to send it over to kitsch to have the prosound and backlight done and I'd just pay you for the paint job?

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐
Thretris wrote:

Chipmusic.org Theme DMG with pro-sound
http://Thretris.deviantart.com/art/Chip … -149888593

i REALLY like the parallel grey lines behind the splashes.
i would love a gameboy just like that.

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩
Thretris wrote:
Reteris VIA PM wrote:

Question: When you take pictures of your custom painted NES's and stuff like that, how do you do your background behind the NES? Like what do you put it in/on/in front of when you are taking the picture to get that studio look? I have a nikon D40 so I kinda want to try doing some backgrounds for the pc and what not, and I want to know how to get that backdrop

I get this alot so I will answer in public... I have mentioned before I design action figures for a living, you can take a peak at the photography section of this tutorial from my real jobs website http://www.kylerobinsoncustoms.com/links/starters.htm

ignore all the stuff about "figures" and apply it customs..lol. (and yes, this is old, 6mpx...lol.. c'mon)

but yeah, diffusion is god amongst product photography. the background I use is silver, adds even more light disbursement.

also, here is blog about my light bulbs from a while back, im sure you can still find them
http://kylerobinsoncustoms.com/blog/200 … an-afford/

here is my current set up

if I missed anything you still want to know... just ask

Thanks man big_smile

0R360N
Edward Shallow wrote:
Thretris wrote:

Won't be able to backlight because you're yet to receive or from a technical viewpoint? Would you be able to send it over to kitsch to have the prosound and backlight done and I'd just pay you for the paint job?

Not technical (I can easily do backlighting)... I mean cause I dont stock backlights.. I just get a few here and there from nonfinite when he sends me shit to work on. I thought I was getting more from him...but he just mailed them today, and im only getting a few and I need them for myself.

You can send my painted DMG to nonfinite to have backlit. Kitsch does not carry backlights.

OR if you dont mind waiting, i can order an extra backlight and do it for you.

honestly though, backlighting is VERY easy, and pro-sound is even easier. You can  seriously pro-sound your DMG in about 10 minutes with next to no experience.

anyway, email me... I dont think I was getting your last emails?????

Scotland

Emailed.

Melbourne, Australia

Man that steampunk DMG is amazing. Seriously checkout Datamancer's works!

(btw he makes all the steampunk keyboards/computers you see around)

Last edited by Vytantus (Jan 22, 2010 7:20 am)

0R360N

about 20 new DMGs up on my flickr. http://www.flickr.com/photos/thretris/

Philly, PA, USA

do you use stencils?
if so, do you make them yourself?
i so, what do you use (cardboard, plastic etc)?

also, really nice designs on these new ones

0R360N
pixls wrote:

do you use stencils?
if so, do you make them yourself?
i so, what do you use (cardboard, plastic etc)?

also, really nice designs on these new ones

no stencils. What ever is not solid spray can or splatter, is painters tape and hand painted with a brush and game paints.

THANKS