NYC

Alright so I just got it today, and lo and behold, awful buzzing whenever the cart is on. I reinstalled, tried different roms, pulled it in and out of the DMG thirty times to make sure it didn't need to be worn in, but still buzzing. I could barely make the sound out over it. Its not the DMG since other games work fine. So my question is: is there a quick fix for this problem? Or do I have to now return it to Kitsch and pray that I'm not in trouble for already putting the LSDJ sticker on it. (Figured sine it was pre-flashed that it would have been pre-tested).

Thnx

sweden

Tried another game boy?

Chepachet, Rhode Island

I know my 64MB buzzes in my DMG as well (Tetris and Mario don't) and it does not buzz in my GBC.  Try a different handheld maybe.  I'm fairly certain LSDJ and DMGs are known to hum, but I could be wrong.

Chepachet, Rhode Island
nordloef wrote:

Tried another game boy?

Jinx

NYC

Worth a try. The buzz was just as bad with Zelda and Batman as well though... hmm Oh well you take a risk with stuff like this. Definitely not Kitsch's fault though, service on his end was terrific.

edit: Eureka! So I was using the special gameboy AC adapter - hum, changed it out to batteries - still the hum. Tried a friends color - hum, with ac - hum, with ac only plugged in halfway - NO HUM. Then back to my grey brick, ac - hum, back to batteries - NO HUM. xD bit of a head scratcher, but the damn thing's been seduced so I'm not complaining.

Last edited by Melchior (Feb 9, 2011 2:00 pm)