im fairly new here as well, was on another site called 8bc.org but its been down for a while so i discovered this one instead. i have to say i like it so far. ive only had an lsdj cart since last September but before that i was using an emulator to run it for about a year, never really wrote anything i was just learning the ins and outs...
welcome to the chipmusic scene smile

Brazil

Don't be afraid of the "fakebit". If you're more confortable with it, go for it!

pyEss wrote:
Battle Lava wrote:

What do you mean here? Is LSDJ not software?

Anyway, welcome to the board!

Well LSDJ uses the gameboys sound card which is hardware (if I'm not mistaken), and I prefer to use Apple Logic.

First of all the game boy doesn't have a sound card.

Second, Logic is using hardware just as much as lsdj, or many other music making software, but you think logic is software and not lsdj.  So why isn't lsdj software?

BTW, I'm not attacking you in so much as just exploring you're strange point of view.

Last edited by Battle Lava (Feb 9, 2011 4:04 pm)

London
Battle Lava wrote:
pyEss wrote:

Well LSDJ uses the gameboys sound card which is hardware (if I'm not mistaken), and I prefer to use Apple Logic.

Second, Logic is using hardware just as much as lsdj, or many other music making software, but you think logic is software and not lsdj.  So why isn't lsdj software?

BTW, I'm not attacking you in so much as just exploring you're strange point of view.

Well like I said I'm new to all of this,
Can you tell me what would be hardware for future refrence?

PyEss, I love you

uhajdafdfdfa
Battle Lava wrote:
pyEss wrote:

you're not attacking him so much as just being ridiculously pedantic~

music made in logic is "software" because the sounds are synthesized by a piece of software.
music made in a gameboy is "hardware" because the sounds are synthesized/generated by hardware.

there is a real difference there -- death to fakebit!

Last edited by ant1 (Feb 9, 2011 4:12 pm)

pyEss wrote:
Battle Lava wrote:

Well like I said I'm new to all of this,
Can you tell me what would be hardware for future refrence?

just read, but be selective about your sources.

hi!

London
Heosphoros wrote:

PyEss, I love you

Brilliant

ant1 wrote:
Battle Lava wrote:

you're not attacking him so much as just being ridiculously pedantic~

music made in logic is "software" because the sounds are synthesized by a piece of software.
music made in a gameboy is "hardware" because the sounds are synthesized/generated by hardware.

there is a real difference there -- death to fakebit!

right, but what if you're using lsdj with an emulator?

uhajdafdfdfa

then it is fakebit duh

now is that a real poncho or is that a Sears poncho

^lol

IL, US
Heosphoros wrote:

PyEss, I love you

Welcome! smile
P.s. if you need any help, p.m.

New York, New York

ant1 you are being needlessly misinforming, and in someone's introductory thread.

If software and hardware weren't interacting there would be no music.

When music is written to be played by sounds that are as limited as obsolete consoles can produce, within it's limitations, some call it fake-bit, but sonically it's no different.

When music is produced through obsolete consoles, but the expected limitations are surpassed, some would call that something, like "noise", but on the real hardware it is chip music. It will however not please those chip music fans wanting the real hardware. Ironic though.

Sometimes people just want arpeggios on pulse waves like noted video game companies put in games. This is clear outside the definition of chip music. It's barely chiptune, but that will please some chiptune fans.

There's different things to please anyone. Let them be happy with what makes them happy.