likeluke wrote:

and don't listen to an0va. beer isn't REALLY a necessity. i mean, it could be whiskey, vodka, malt beverages, whatever. but beer is a popular choice.

+1

London
Decktonic wrote:

Follow Andrew's advice. You could even consider adding some extra instrumentation to your track on top of what's already there. Otherwise, effects are the easiest option and that's what I use when playing my Ableton stuff live.

Yeah, my controller has all sorts of pots and faders on it.
Thanks for the help guys smile

Los Angeles

I am unfamiliar with logic for live performance.
But what I used to do before I used Ableton Live for everything, is render all parts and tracks of each song into loops, and then use Ableton to sequence it live, so you can basically do realtime remixes.

Now a days with all these button controllers, its a really easy and fun way to go. Add realtime effects (filter/flange/degrader/delay/distortion etc) and it's as live as you can get without playing a melody.

London
trash80 wrote:

But what I used to do before I used Ableton Live for everything, is render all parts and tracks of each song into loops, and then use Ableton to sequence it live, so you can basically do realtime remixes.

Now a days with all these button controllers, its a really easy and fun way to go. Add realtime effects (filter/flange/degrader/delay/distortion etc) and it's as live as you can get without playing a melody.

Yes this definitely seems the way to go for me. Just have to see about syncing up all my controlls with logic. Sigh...

Nashville, Tennessee
trash80 wrote:

this, or do the same with logic + realtime effects and the loop function. i've done that for a while and it works fine. logic is extremely easy to sync your midi devices to, pretty much just hit the learn key (mine is command+L, don't remember what default is), choose a parameter, click it, and turn the knob or press the button you want to assign it to. done. i have 8 knobs  right now, i usually have them set to hipass, lopass, master volume, x/y on a software kaoss-pad kinda thing, hishelf, loshelf, and "freeze." seems to cover most of my basic live fx needs.

also, alcohol! whatever you do, don't get Pepe Lopez, worst tequila ever. im a fan of the green rather than the booze.

Last edited by smiletron (Feb 9, 2011 10:18 pm)

The P-N-Dubz

Are you using Logic Pro or Mainstage in performances? I've used Mainstage for sampling, MIDI keyboards and it's absolutely wonderful.