London

I'm gonna be getting a tattoo soon when I get the money together. I've been trying to think of a design and I've come up with a couple ideas like a realistic pac man with pointy teeth and crazy eyes and stuff like that. Then I thought 'Hey, I bet the guys on Chipmusic could lend me a hand.' So if you can think of anything or tattoos you have already post it here!

Boulder, CO

If you're asking others for suggestions maybe you should reconsider getting a tattoo. Not being a dick but too many people get terrible tattoos that don't mean anything to them.

While I'm on an honest streak, the pacman idea sounds terrible but don't listen to me if it actually means something to you. Basically anything game related doesn't sound worthwhile, look at all the terrible gamer tattoos online.

California

temporary tattoos are cooler. especially if they came in a gum wrapper.

Chicago IL

i dont even remember clicking on this thread #fourloko

A tattoo doesn't have to "mean" anything, if you just want a cool tattoo cause you think its cool, do it! Altough I agree that pac man would look shitty. I suggest just something plain and pixely like

also, I found this, personally I think it looks SO RADICALLY AWESOME:

(its not a tattoo its just a picture, but still)

Chicago IL
AdamGetsAwesome wrote:

If you're asking others for suggestions maybe you should reconsider getting a tattoo. Not being a dick but too many people get terrible tattoos that don't mean anything to them.

While I'm on an honest streak, the pacman idea sounds terrible but don't listen to me if it actually means something to you. Basically anything game related doesn't sound worthwhile, look at all the terrible gamer tattoos online.

i agree with all of this except the one i have in mind which i'm not telling anyone till i get it

Boulder, CO
Holy Konni wrote:

A tattoo doesn't have to "mean" anything, if you just want a cool tattoo cause you think its cool, do it!

Things that look cool come and go. What you thought was cool at 18 might not look so cool when you're 25 or 30 etc. I guess tattoos really don't have any meaning any more and that's why there's so many terrible ironic ones out there. Like I said though, it's for you, don't let my opinion get you down. If you want a pixelated seahorse on your face, do it up, just put some thought into it first and come up with the idea on your own or you might regret it shortly after.

NYC

I spent years thinking of a tattoo to get and then when I was sure on what I wanted to get I drew it on myself with marker for a year till I was sure I wouldn't get sick of it. instead of asking us (which is cool and all and nice to bounce ideas) i would get in touch with an artist with some ideas you have and maybe working with them. Your not spending that much money in comparison for something that will last the rest of your life, but its good to not just jump at your first idea.

I had a great idea for a tattoo for some years then went to a concert and actually saw someone with it and it looked horrible.... do some research bro its YOUR body.

New York City

I'll just leave this here to illustrate my point

London

Thanks for the comments guys.
I want a kind of geeky tattoo to represent my teen years cause games have always been a big part of my life. So even if it's not 'cool' anymore I won't forget my younger self cause I don't want to grow out of it completely.
But anyway, planning to speak to an artist tomorrow and come up with something, probably something small for now like a little 8 bit 1up shroom on my wrist or something in that vein.
I still wanna hear your guys ideas on tattoos!
smile

Fort Worth, Tx

heres mine

Get a giant squid riding a unicorn that has a chainsaw for a horn with flames everywhere and a ribbon near the bottom that says "WORSHIP SATAN."

I guarantee you'll be the raddest dude on the planet.

Oh, and the unicorn and giant squid have to be wearing sunglasses.

My advice is to find something you like. Wait two years. If you still like it, get it.

Or just get a watch tattooed on your wrist that reads "Party" or "party time"

Holy Konni wrote:

This is a really cool concept. Id get it.

Brooklyn NY US

Obviously you need to get a row of Pokeballs on your arm embellished by subdermal implants.

vancouver, canada