hardcore, Australia

Man, when i see all these cunts about covered in tattoos i just think "fuck you", especially when its 10 year olds with full sleeves (obviously not 10 year olds, but they look about that old)
It's like they went out one day and decided to get half their body covered at once. i always assumed that kind of shit was something you added to over the years.
the only thing worse is those guys with a name on their back or chest

i know a guy with johnny cash on his forearm and it looks terrible.

i dont know why, but i dont like tattoos, maybe its because they seem almost a requirement now amongst all the hipster scum and cool kids about. when i go out it seems like i'm the only one without something printed on me.

tl:dr
pixel tattoos: do not
video game tattoos: do not
that pixelly beach thing posted before: definitely do not.
guns'n'roses tattoos: go ahead.
the name of your friend who died: why?
anything for novelty purposes: it will be less fun in a week.

PDX
godinpants wrote:

Man, when i see all these cunts about covered in tattoos i just think "fuck you", especially when its 10 year olds with full sleeves (obviously not 10 year olds, but they look about that old)
It's like they went out one day and decided to get half their body covered at once. i always assumed that kind of shit was something you added to over the years.

i dont know why, but i dont like tattoos, maybe its because they seem almost a requirement now amongst all the hipster scum and cool kids about. when i go out it seems like i'm the only one without something printed on me.

My old roomate literally covered his entire body within two years in meaningless tattoos. We don't talk much anymore.

Also, excuse me, but who the fuck do you think you are to be telling people what to do with their tattoos. Your post reaks of jealousy, even if you're not, you sound like it.

I think its a good thing that tattoo art is taking off. Some amazing artists out there. Just cause you don't understand something doesn't mean you have to shit on it. Tattooing is a way of life for many, so think twice before writing douchy-ass posts about shit you don't know anything about.

Sorry for the mean post, but tattooing is very dear to my heart and it really pisses me off to hear shit like this.

The Mountains

I got a dragon wizard and it kicks ass and I will love it for all time

Boulder, CO
OrionOrbit wrote:
godinpants wrote:

My old roomate literally covered his entire body within two years in meaningless tattoos. We don't talk much anymore.

Also, excuse me, but who the fuck do you think you are to be telling people what to do with their tattoos. Your post reaks of jealousy, even if you're not, you sound like it.

I think its a good thing that tattoo art is taking off. Some amazing artists out there. Just cause you don't understand something doesn't mean you have to shit on it. Tattooing is a way of life for many, so think twice before writing douchy-ass posts about shit you don't know anything about.

Sorry for the mean post, but tattooing is very dear to my heart and it really pisses me off to hear shit like this.

Why so elitist? The whole "you're just jealous" thing is ridiculous. Godinpants has an opinion, no need to be a dick about it. To each their own, right? Tattooing is great and all but in general from what I've seen, it's getting worse and worse.

hardcore, Australia

tattoo art might be taking off, but i wouldnt call what i see around here art.
thousands of southern cross and "aussie pride" tattoos are nothing special.
tattooing may be a way of life, but for the people i'm talking about, it's just the same as buying a new iphone or thick rimmed glasses, or trendy haircuts and all that.
"oh shit hardcore's cool, better go fit in with the scene"

As for jealousy, i have no intention of getting a tattoo, and from the content of my post it seems fairly clear that they having a tattoo isnt some secret love of mine.

Back on the thread though - every couple of months, atleast on 8bc if not here, someone comes along with their mario tattoo idea or a gameboy or something pixelly. Typically the idea gets shot down, with photo examples of why.

Westfield, NJ

There's nothing wrong with liking tattoos, and there's nothing wrong with not liking them. If someone has a negative opinion about them, let them feel that way. It's certainly not "jealousy."

Personally I think tattoos are dangerous and I can't imagine being stuck with something like that.

TSSBAY01

PDX

It's very true that for every good tattoo, there are about a million shitty ones that make me wanna say "fuck you" to those cunts also. I try my best to not focus on them and to focus on the ones who are serious about tattoos.

I didn't claim godinpants was jealous, I said his post sounded like it. Don't take it so literally. I have a problem when anyone shit talks tattooing when they clearly and admittedly have no knowledge on the topic, that's all. Tattooing is very subjective, some think its getting worse, others better. Either way, its an art as old as humans and a little appreciation would really make my day.

I do apologize for lashing out.

There is no relevancy here.

Thread, if you would kindly get the fuck out.

London

Oh my, what a heated discussion hah.
It dawned on me that It shouldn't matter if anyone likes my tattoo if I get one so long as I like it. I mean I have to live with it.
So yeah, thanks for the thoughts shared, but ultimately this was irrelavent because I'm gonna do what I want anyway.
smile

PDX
pyEss wrote:

It dawned on me that It shouldn't matter if anyone likes my tattoo if I get one so long as I like it. I mean I have to live with it.
So yeah, thanks for the thoughts shared, but ultimately this was irrelavent because I'm gonna do what I want anyway.
smile

That was my point from the start. Success.

Sorry for heating up your thread. smile

London
OrionOrbit wrote:
pyEss wrote:

smile

That was my point from the start. Success.

Sorry for heating up your thread. smile

Haha no it's good!
I enjoy reading different people's views on things.

Baie-St-Paul

im getting this as soon as i can afford it:

(also yeah, no pixel art. it almost always sounds cooler than it looks.)

Last edited by Ary (get dat lunch) (Feb 11, 2011 12:19 am)

PDX

Heres some photos of mine if you'd like to see. No pictures of my right leg or arm... which have my best ones.

http://s821.photobucket.com/albums/zz131/orionorbes/

Keroppi is probably my favorite.

OrionOrbit wrote:

Considering this is a thread where a guy pretty much asked what he should do with his tattos, I'd say his comments are a-ok.

p.s. You gotta pay the troll-toll to get into the boyssoul.

Bronx, NY

I'm getting my second and third tattoos on Saturday.

It's gonna be these two images, taken from the NYC Subway, side by side on my upper right arm: