yar.songs wrote:

NAH NAH NAH. NAH. NAH NAH NAH. NAH. NAH NAH NAH. NAH NAH NAH. NAH. NAH NAH NAH. NAH. NAH NAH NAH. NAH NAH NAH. NAH. NAH NAH NAH. NAH. NAH NAH NAH. NAH NAH NAH. NAH. NAH NAH NAH. NAH. NAH NAH NAH. KEEP HOLDING ON WHEN MY BRAIN'S TICKING LIKE A BOMB. GUESS THE BLACK THOUGHTS HAVE COME AGAIN TO GET ME. NAH NAH NAH. NAH. NAH NAH NAH. NAH. NAH NAH NAH.

edit: Blip fest 2011 fantasy lineup:
KoRn
Linkin Park
KoRn again
Mudvayne
Likin Park again
KoRn again

Last edited by Andrew Winzenburg (Feb 11, 2011 2:43 am)

PDX
L-tron wrote:

his comments are a-ok.

*Sigh. I wanted to drop this but I feel compelled to drive my point.

To give someone advice on what to do with their tattoos when they a. dislike them and b. don't have any, is silly. Why on earth would I ever tell you how to swing a golf club if I dislike golf and have never held a golf club? Am I really the only one who understands this? Seriously, its not that hard.

Tattooing is a crazy huge world, and if anyone had the incentive to pull their heads out of their rear for half a moment, they would realize that tattooing can be a deeply fascinating and incredible subject. Godinpants made a pretentious post, and I called him out less than gracefully, for which I apologized.

The moral of my story is that tattoos are meant to reflect important aspects of your life, however trivial or silly they may seem to others. Just do what you like.

Done. Swear.

Tokyo, Japan

My general advice to op and any good tattoo artist will hopefully tell you something similar for your first tattoo, It doesn't seem like your idea is quite formed enough to get a tattoo just yet. I would let the idea gestate a little more. In general a tattoo artist is going to want to know to a fair degree of accuracy:

- What design do you want?
- Where do you want the design on your body?
- What colors / shading do you want?
- What size tattoo do you want?

Once you have a reasonable idea of the above the artist should be able to answer more specific questions like "Is this design too detailed for the size I want?", "Does this color selection compliment the design?" and "If I get the tattoo on my XXXXX how will the shape change when I move?"

Alternatively, ask around, find a studio you like the look of, give them a call and ask to sit down with the artist, explain roughly what you did in your first post and ask them to do a lightening quick sketch, give them a little input "more aggressive smile" or "bigger eyes" or whatever and you will get something you like.

Finally a general comment on the thread. The idea "I place a a great deal of value on my body, it's tattoos or lack there of and my own artist taste ergo all other people must place a great deal of value on theirs" is a bit dumb.

IL, US
godinpants wrote:

- every couple of months, atleast on 8bc if not here, someone comes along with their ...gameboy ...

hey sad i have a tattoo of a DMG that i got 4 years ago and i fucking like it

Cambridge UK

I emailed my favorite illustrators to ask him if I could get a design for a tattoo.
I basically said "do anything, I'll get it done".
To which he answered : "Cool. I want to get to know you so I can design something specifically for you."
We exchanged daily emails (he lives overseas) for about 2 months.
Now I'm friends with my favorite illustrator and I got an awesome tattoo.

if id get a tatto id make it this one:

Minot, Maine

▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌▼◐▼▼◐▼◐◐☉☈☉☈☉☈☉☈☍☌☍☌☌☌☌☌v

Tokyo, Japan
bryface wrote:

hahahaha that's the one to get!

Los Angeles

If you are smart, you will find a idea that sounds good to you and sit on it for a few years without action.

If you are a fool, emotionally unbalanced, influenced by outside forces, or just straight up crazy, you will get whatever you want, when you want it, and you may or may not regret it later.... also, you should totally get a tattoo of my avatar. edit: or this guy right here: cool

Last edited by Trash80 (Feb 11, 2011 10:32 am)

Tokyo, Japan

George has awesome tattoos, so does trash 80.

Minot, Maine
trash80 wrote:

If you are smart, you will find a idea that sounds good to you and sit on it for a few years without action.

If you are a fool, emotionally unbalanced, influenced by outside forces, or just straight up crazy, you will get whatever you want, when you want it, and you may or may not regret it later.... also, you should totally get a tattoo of my avatar. edit: or this guy right here: cool

In other words, you are retarded if you don't get snake-ish shit tattoed onto your forearm.

England

I like nullsleep's wrist tattoos.
My girlfriend has sexy tattoos.

You should get the Apple Mac logo.

Los Angeles
I_CACTUS wrote:

In other words, you are retarded if you don't get snake-ish shit tattoed onto your forearm.

Exactly.

Hoxton, London UK
cheapshot wrote:
bryface wrote:

hahahaha that's the one to get!

i saw a guy with that on his t-shirt at a skrilex gig

Liverpool, UK
Shriker wrote:

i saw a guy with that on his t-shirt at a skrilex gig

You should have said hi, it was LastKnight (who was with me!)