Godzilladelph

thought you guys might get a kick out of this one

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?ei … 4371103578

It's Mario. At a rave. Literally. (also, posted in gen. because f this show)

England

"Bob-Ombs Bass-Ment" feat. DRUM & BASS, CHIPTUNES & 8BIT- MUSIC HEADLINERS

i wonder who that would be? could you live with the shame?

Godzilladelph

by CHIPTUNES & 8BIT- MUSIC HEADLINERS they mean one guy from the local dubstep raver  crew calling himself a chiptune dj and spinning sabrepulse remixes.

Last edited by SKGB (Feb 11, 2011 12:43 pm)

GNV / FL / USA

*sigh*

Wanna hate so hard, but they have almost 1600 confirmed attendees...

Also, Toad's Toke Shack should be your next EP name, SKGB. smile

☺☺☺

New York City

But, Don,  you made the original Mario Rave in Philadelphia. I played at it. I heard the convenience store guy saying it xD
These people just cover your old grounds xD

Westfield, NJ

Only in Baltimore.

lolusa

Much like the bubble bobble - bubble raves in seattle.
crosses fingers

England

Do you think Sonic feels left out? He doesn't get any mephedroned up kids dancing for him.

Godzilladelph

@Don def considering it haha. they should sell nitrous balloons at that rave in seattle. it's funny tho, i'd like to break into the rave scene a bit more, we could get more attendees at philly shows that way and i know most of the local crews already. i'm just not so sure if we'd really want that kind of crowd at our chill chipshows; fuckin candyflippers

Brooklyn NY US

Wow damn -- these guys approached me about playing, but at the time I was too burned out to take it on, and plus my "M.A.A.R. Alarm" was quietly going off a little bit. They seem like nice enough people, but in retrospect I'm relieved I didn't sign on. The presentation is basically the exact textbook example of what chipmusic's been trying to distinguish itself from.

BOSTON
facbook event page wrote:

- free "mario mustache ride" for first 50 people (lol)
- 2 screens of intense, fucked up & outright psychotic mario bros visuals
- 2x as many decorations as the first Mushroom Kingdom!!
- full installation of lights & lasers
- 6 headliners representing hardstyle, trance, hardhouse, breaks, drum & bass, dubstep and CHIPTUNES & 8BIT
- decorations giveaways at the end of the night!!

not gonna lie, i'd play that. Fuck, I'd probably even just go to it. 1,500 attendees?? That seems like technicolor Ibiza on acid. Dude, Josh... PM me their email wink

Brooklyn NY US

Yeah I don't mean to sound judgmental. They seemed like well-meaning people. I just wanna know what a "Mario mustache ride is."

Westfield, NJ

I'd play it just for the lulz. Would hate myself for it, but 1500 people sounds like a good time.

IL, US

id like to mistakenly get booked for one of these over-the top  cutesy gigs at some point and just unleash the stuff that i make thats too fucked up for me to normally release big_smile

New York City
Bit Shifter wrote:

Yeah I don't mean to sound judgmental. They seemed like well-meaning people. I just wanna know what a "Mario mustache ride is."

I Am totally IN for the Mario Moustache Ride. I think you ride on a crab-shaped cart and enter an adrenaline pumping trip through a Mario moustache shaped lollercoaster.