Milwaukee, WI

Radiograffiti presents:

RGV-007
Hexadeci - "Alone In The Dark E.P."

Radiograffiti release page: http://www.radiograffiti.org/hexadeci-alone-in-the-dark

A. Alone In The Dark
B. Swiss Yodelcore

Finally, a record we here at Radiograffiti think you will actually like - the 7" debut release from UK native Hexadeci, "The Alone In The Dark E.P."

Hexadeci (and, maybe you) has waited far longer than acceptable for this release. We've felt the wait, too. With an original release scheduled for summer 2010, the album is ready for presentation as a D.I.Y. kit that corners the aesthetics of Xerox-punk & high-art boutique.

In September 2010 (after a three-month round of pulling out our collective hair), Radiograffiti held an online poll to let you choose the artwork for "The Alone in the Dark E.P." The two staggeringly different options included an impressive sci-fi/horror scene from full-time animator Hexadeci and a fucking rush-job from Radiograffiti's resident artist Nova!Cain, drawn while his kid was at the babysitter for the afternoon. Poll results swung between the center labels from one artist and cover sleeve from the other, but in the end the Hexideci art won out.

Then everything went wrong all over again. Cue the sad trombones. We decided to scrap the poll, piss off Hexadeci and make everyone wait a few more weeks. We blew money we didn't have on ideas that didn't work - like rigging a spray gun to a spare tire for airbrushed artwork. Hardcore.

Eventually, Ty Stagediver managed to find the time to teach himself how to hand-screen envelopes in his livingroom (which is his bedroom) to complete the suite of artwork for "The Alone in the Dark E.P." D.I.Y. kit. It's a departure from the usual way we present our 7" releases, and it marks the debut of non-American talent on Radiograffiti. The kit includes all of the items needed to complete one full 7" but you decide what it will be ('cause we can't even decide what we want to eat). Will it be Hexadeci's version? Will it be Nova!Cain's version? Will you order three copies, make one of each, leave one sealed and hang them all on the wall with the rest of your Radiograffiti records? Like that bitch with the green mullet in the early 90's once said, "The power is yours!" Or something.

This music is some of the best Amigacore in the past 10 years - skirting between party music for the post-apocalyptic crowd and a nightmarish take on otherwise light-hearted themes. What's most remarkable about these tunes isn't necessarily Hexadeci's programming expertise (he's totally awesome), or the creative use of seemingly random samples (Shakira? A Swiss yodeler?). No, it's how he manages to effectively tear down dance music to shape his own tastes *AND* create tunes that are actually MUSICAL, instead of slipping into the same tired traps of hardcore posturing.

It's a fun record and we promise you'll get some seriously confused looks when you drop a Swiss Yodelcore track at your next house party. Try it. Film it. Send us the video.

It's exciting, it's loud, it's flawed, it's idea-driven and it's how we like it. We know you will too.

Last edited by RG (Feb 18, 2011 6:26 pm)

Milwaukee, WI

Oh and check out the ridiculous Hexadeci youtube drum machine:

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/3407/ … um-machine

Abandoned on Fire

You guys really know how to make things irresistible!  smile

Milwaukee, WI

Thanks!

Also, it should be noted that the songs w/ Octamed files can be found here for free, and that in order to apply the labels to the 7" you'll need some tape or spray adhesive. This might be obvious, but I'd hate to mislead anyone.

hardcore, Australia

YES. I checked the site about 8 times a day over the last week because you said it would be coming out.

7" and stagediver shirt ordered!

Milwaukee, WI

Fucking awesome! As always, the money goes directly into the next release.

Should I just add "Sounds Legit" "8bc" and "Blip fest" to the title to see how many views this thread jumps?

Abandoned on Fire
RG wrote:

...songs w/ Octamed files can be found here for free...

Killer!

Milwaukee, WI

These were just shipped to almost all distributors on our home page, so keep an eye out.

As far as this almost hitting the 2nd page: I am disappoint.

Abandoned on Fire

The title track is the best thing to come out on Radiograffiti thus far.

I will order this soon.