Florida

/!\ EDIT: Blood Fete is free until the 7th of August! /!\

ON UBIKTUNE!
http://ubiktune.org

Here's a video!

Blood Fete is a celebration of surrender by way of self-denial and self-sacrifice. "It's the Bloodiest party!"

Those who enjoy chip music, avant-pop, or early progressive rock should find something to enjoy here. There's a little dubby section somewhere too!

Note: This summer our youth group is heading up to New Orleans for an annual event called 'Feed the Multitudes' where thousands of groceries and shoes are handed out to those in need. It's a little more expensive than usual this year due to a few changes.

All profit made on this record will be used for transportation, food, and shelter on the trip. It will also make up the difference for the kids who can't afford to come.

(If there's anything left over I'm using it to fix this huge crack in my windshield. Surprised I haven't been pulled over yet...)
credits
    released 11 February 2011
    ----

Jay Tholen - Tracking and Sequencing, Voice, Synthesis, Samples, Acoustic and Electric Ukulele, Transistor Organ, Bass, Percussion

Matt Mears - Guitar, Bass, Percussion

Jay Tholen Sr. - Bass

Christine Tholen - Voice

EVEN GOT MY DAD TO PLAY ON IT! DOWNLOAD NOW!!!: http://jtholen.bandcamp.com

Last edited by Jay Tholen (Jul 29, 2011 11:36 am)

Long Island

sick art man! i will be listening shortly

Florida

Thanks.... I kind of screwed up the back cover though, hahahaha. Put the first song title in wrong.

Anyway guys, seriously give this a complete listen because I worked hard on it.

Berkeley, CA

awesome artwork. listening !

edit: Loving this!

Last edited by Disasterpeace (Feb 12, 2011 6:45 pm)

Russia

Okay, finally I sat and listened it carefully. You never stop amaze me, Jay. The way you create the music is just unique. Love this!

P.S. Totally agree with Disasterpeace. Awesome artwork!

Matthew Joseph Payne

Bought this without previewing or seeing anyone else's comments.

Put it on my iPod and listened on my way towards a very very long day at work at 7am.

I am thoroughly pleased. smile

Florida

Thanks guys! Ha.

Kinetic: Glad I could make your day a little better. It's nice that you have so much faith in my music, hahaha.

C-Jeff: Thanks... just wait till you hear what I've got in store for Danny II... I think yer gonna flip. And thanks for posting it on Ubik's FB and all too.

DP: Thanks man! I tried to cut back on the improvisation this time... just a smidgeon. Happy that you like it.

philly

seaport crow station is incredibly relaxing!
in pursuit rules. smile

Florida

Ha! That's what I was going for. I think it's a reaction of the manic feeling of my last release... I wanted to stay on one simple 4/4 progression and kind of chill.  My only regret is not turning up the King Tubby-ish drums near the end. Glad you enjoyed it.

PS - EVERYONE BUY THIS.

Bronx, NY

You are a good musician, Jay Tholen.

San Luis Obispo, CA

Jay Tholen. I love your music.

Florida

aww thanks fellas

TX

I'm liking this. I'd like to support your cause, but it'll have to wait until a silly bank-related issue gets resolved.

STARDRAIN, CA

I THINK THIS OS VERY BAD YOU SHOULD JUST GIVE UP AND NEVER BECOME MAKING CHIPTUNES EVER UGAIN YOU ARE NOT GOING TO MAKLE IT LIKE SOME FAMOUS PEOPLE FAMOUS PEOPLE ARE NOT CHIPTUNERS THEY ARE PEOPLE WHO HAVE REAL JOBS WITH REALLY REAL STUFF

STARDRAIN, CA
Kool Skull wrote:

I THINK THIS OS VERY BAD YOU SHOULD JUST GIVE UP AND NEVER BECOME MAKING CHIPTUNES EVER UGAIN YOU ARE NOT GOING TO MAKLE IT LIKE SOME FAMOUS PEOPLE FAMOUS PEOPLE ARE NOT CHIPTUNERS THEY ARE PEOPLE WHO HAVE REAL JOBS WITH REALLY REAL STUFF

nice and dynamic stuff man, thats the great thing, its not thrown together, its effectively dynamic and layered. love it man!

Florida

^^ Thanks y'all!

UPDATED WITH MUSIC VIDEO!!!