Welcome to the Bi-Weekly Competition Thread!

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Latest Compo: http://solidcomposer.com/arena/compete/167/
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

You have one week to submit a song, the following week will be for voting.

REMEMBER TO READ THE RULES BEFORE SUBMITTING.

IN ORDER TO CHANGE YOUR SCREEN NAME, GO TO:
Workbench > yourname > Band Settings > Rename

or, when you sign up, just put your screen name as anonymous. This will not effect your login name!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Past Compos:

#1: Bringing your fists to a gunfight... and winning! WINNER: 2PLAYER

#2: A tropical island jam! WINNER: Kommisar

#3: Write a song about a space traveler whose adventure takes a horrible turn for the worse. WINNER: 8-Bit-Rex

#4: Write a reggae/dub styled chiptune. (dub =/= dubstep) WINNER: Jredd

#5: Post apocalyptic cyborg ninja game. WINNER: 2PLAYER

#6: Frantic racing game set in the distant future. WINNER: 2PLAYER

#7: Jazzy Night Club WINNER:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE PM ME THEME SUGGESTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by arlen (May 20, 2011 12:51 am)

astral cat

great!

What's the time limit on this bad boy?

Andrew Winzenburg wrote:

Ummmm... there really is no time limit, but I'd try to keep it under 5 minutes. People might not want to listen to anything over that.

Westfield, NJ

This sounds like fun.

Down like J. Brown

Hey mods! Can i get this stickied?

Hey chip-people! Can you guys tell your friends? I don't want this to die. AND DONT FORGET TO VOTE!!!!!!!!

arlen wrote:
Andrew Winzenburg wrote:

Ummmm... there really is no time limit, but I'd try to keep it under 5 minutes. People might not want to listen to anything over that.

I meant time limit to write the piece, but I just checked the other thread so nevermind.

Andrew Winzenburg wrote:
arlen wrote:

I meant time limit to write the piece, but I just checked the other thread so nevermind.

Lol, sorry about that! There's a deadline on the solidcomposer page. wink happy tracking!

california

Is there going to be a specific format(nsf,it,xm), or just a loose guideline?

gizmo wrote:

Is there going to be a specific format(nsf,it,xm), or just a loose guideline?

preferably mp3 to make sure we can all listen to the song. I suppose i should add that to the rules!

Rhode Island

Does this start now or are we waiting for a theme?

2PLAYER wrote:

Does this start now or are we waiting for a theme?

When the theme is announced, you can start. You have until next Saturday to get your song submitted.

Winter Haven, FL

FUN!

Chepachet, Rhode Island

Gah! Let's hope I can finish what I'm working on by the deadline.  College professors should know some students have chipmusic competitions to enter...  tongue

california
arlen wrote:

#1: Bringing your fists to a gunfight... and winning!]

lolwut?