Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

**This really has nothing to do w/ 8-bit but i wanted to share anyways**

Last night I played at First Avenue in Minneapolis, MN. My friend Bryan Be was hosting and asked me to play... and stated "i want you to do a live Modular PA" hahaha.. So dropping that on me in the first week of the release of the short bus was not exactly good timing but... fuck it. lets have some fun right?! hahaha Just thought i'd share it with ya!

So here's the set up (ignore the slant rack of 5U in the background and the Tr-606, didn't use those).

My master clock was being provided by the Flame Clockwork. It was sending midi clock out to my ESX of which i had like 20 samples loaded and 3 patterns programmed ( i haven't really learned how how to use it yet, so i just needed samples loaded into it so i could program on the fly).

The 5U rack has a CGS 4 ch Gate sequencer that was also being clocked by the clockwork. it's outputs(multed) were going to the Tama TechStar TS-305. I simply used the techstar as a mixer for the multed lines.

All the synth stuff was being provided by the modular. Z8000 was my best friend! smile

uLFO -> doepfer vca (a la Envelator) -> z2040 -> mixer
Piston Honda -> doepfer vca (a la Envelator) -> SEM20 -> Mixer

Mackie mixer had Mr. Echo on FX 1, and Alesis NanoVerb on FX2.

A-156 was used for quantizing cv to both oscillators. z8000 was manhandling CV inputs of everything!! LOVE THAT SEQUENCER!!! I WANT ANOTHER ONE!!! Z8000 and Envelators were being Clocked/triggered via uStep (love that thing!!). And believe it or not.. i didn't us the short bus!?!? what the hell is wrong with me. hahaha

All in all so much fun. Aside from the basic synth structure patching... nothing was pre-programmed.. i dont have songs written so this was completely improv and just a "jam" session. So yes it's a bit repetitious, but it didn't stop people from having fun. I sure did! Big Up's to Bryan B for booking me and making me get my shit together and finally rock a full modular set!

Link to the set recorded via my M-Audio Microtrack II + stereo mic. it was set up on top of my top 6U case.

http://snd.sc/faRvNh

Hoxton, London UK

Tacoma WA

very nice set man.

Godzilladelph

beautiful

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
infradead wrote:

very nice set man.

I'm such a message board whore. Lulz!

Tacoma WA

and no one on this board has any idea what a short bus is lol

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
infradead wrote:

and no one on this board has any idea what a short bus is lol

mhmm... it's what all us special people ride. hahahaha

Man, that is one awesome setup. I wanted to get a Modcan system, but it turned out to be far too expensive for what I wanted, so I got a Moog LP instead. Man you are so lucky tongue

Last edited by trough (Feb 13, 2011 10:22 pm)

Last edited by IAYD (Feb 21, 2017 6:10 pm)

San Francisco

you are making me o so wet...