Moncton, Canada

This is part of a little Touhou project I was working on a while back, haven't done anything with it yet. Some CC would be appreciated!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulImmVPEGwU

California, US

I dig it. I'm just getting into LSDJ and am a big Touhou fan. Doll Judgement is one of my favorites. I particularly like the break at 2:05.

The only thing I can say as far as constructive criticism goes, I'm not sure how I feel about the pitch drop at 1:40.
On one hand, it's awesome because it tricks you into thinking it's changing key or going into a different song when it doesn't, but then at the same time, it's radically different and doesn't seem to fit.

And maybe it's just my personal taste, but the snare noise waveforms seem like they could stand to be a little thicker and lower pitch

But really, it's pretty damn awesome. I'd be interested to hear more.

Last edited by CadetPD (Feb 21, 2011 1:09 pm)

Moncton, Canada

Thank you sir. The drop is questionable mainly because I didn't know how to transition onto the next part, but I'll try something different.

Damn! That was really nice.

California, US

Hmmm, I think the drop itself works great, but maybe just try starting it at a different note

Tokyo, Japan

Hey Kommisar, I know next to nothing about Touhou but its a nice tune. I could suggest a couple of things, I think your hi hat type sounds are a shade to loud and you might benefit from tightening up the envelopes of your snarey noise sounds a little

Moncton, Canada

I think the way I mastered it, the noise channel gets too grungy. You're not the first to mention it being too loud so I think that pretty much confirms it. Thanks guys.