Sweden

And since when was a limited sound palette a problem? smile

*blasts YM2413 drums + piano*

Westfield, NJ
InactiveX wrote:
wedanced wrote:

wooooo oh yeah... a preset machine... whooo?... wait... dont give a fuck.

akira^8GB wrote:

Oh hello, it's a rompler.

*dooze*

Did any of you actually use an M1 back in the day? No-one ever programmed it beyond the presets!

wink

You guys also don't seem to realize... it's a rompler on a stylus-based dual-backlit-screen pocket console... for those of us who are dedicated DS musicians, this is a perfect, gotta-have-it new app!

D D D Detroit, not the burbs

ive been lurking waiting for the pre-orders to open, there is no way in hell im waiting for the american release

Brooklyn, NY, USA
goonzy wrote:

Geez... a pocket M1... I'll be able to "shakuachi" in the tube smile

I think you mean "Shakuhachi", the Japanese flute (which by the way, also means "blowjob" in Japanese. And I'm not talking about blowing in the cartridges either).

Last edited by Iron Curtain (Nov 23, 2010 12:38 am)

Missouri

This just made my day~

I looove this Music Workstation! It is fantastic in another way than the DS-10. The sequenzer on the M01 is 100 times better than any other on the NDS so far. I can agree with some people that it can be a little limited, it has only around 330 different sounds. But be creative and combine them and it can do wonders!

West Yorks, UK

hello guys, this is less limited than a kaossilator, will sync to ds-10 (obviously) and is clearly win. if you need to synthesize, tweak ds-10, if you need cheeze piano, play m01- Success!

pumped

Turku, FIN

Is it DSi only?

Nope, it works on Regular DS and DS Lite too

Brunswick, GA USA
InactiveX wrote:

Did any of you actually use an M1 back in the day? No-one ever programmed it beyond the presets!

wink

We had the O series (Korg O1/W) which was a lightened Wavestation... Indeed it was a pain to do much more than shut the reverb off on the presets, but to give the idea of what this engine is for or the real instrument, you can put the ROM samples on oscillators and ADSR each of them, use (cold) digital filtering and arrange splits and layers of these across the keyboard in a "combi." On O series and Wavestation, you could also arrange sequences of ROM waveforms and blend them so that you get a little beat when you hold a key down, and of course, there's aftertouch and LFOs. I doubt much of this will make it to M01, but done well you can probably make D-50 type layers...

Westfield, NJ

People have been sharing M01 songs over at ds10forum.com and it sounds great from what I've heard so far. Someone did a cover of Robert Miles' "Children" and it was spot on. Seems like a very powerful pocket music station.

Amsterdam
KeFF wrote:

Is it DSi only?

I'm spamming this image around, might help some confused people out!

Amsterdam

I finished my first track on it, melodic Drum n Bass, inspired by Hospital Records stuff...

DS Dominator - Futuregroove

http://soundcloud.com/ds10dominator/ds- … turegroove

Whitley Bay, England

How come like the only copies of this are from Japan and are like £50?!
There's privacy protection on the ROM as well, which was my last-ditch effort to get it. I'm not paying some guy on eBay WAY over the odds for this :c

Bristol, UK

The ROM works fine with Wood R4 firmware. Apparently...

Amsterdam

On DS10Forum.com someone made a hack to change the sounds http://ds10forum.com/viewforum.php?f=15 smile

Last edited by DS-10 Dominator (May 22, 2011 9:07 pm)