Unsubscribe

man you must really hate:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x26zt2 … olls_music

Liverpool, UK
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

The sound of music

Gaaaaayyyyyyy

pdx

I absolutely hate and despise chip-jazz. I am generally somewhat queasy about the FM Genesis sound (especially the bass and drums). I like that talky-wav-bass-sound in LSDJ. I like really deep bass sounds in a movie score. I like the sound of turning pages.

Bronx, NY
melkor wrote:

I absolutely hate and despise chip-jazz.

Saaaaaaaame here.

Florida
melkor wrote:

I absolutely hate and despise chip-jazz. I am generally somewhat queasy about the FM Genesis sound (especially the bass and drums). I like that talky-wav-bass-sound in LSDJ. I like really deep bass sounds in a movie score. I like the sound of turning pages.

I started out that way about the FM sounds but kind of grew to appreciate them a bit. Especially when I heard George & Jonathan's newest.... which has a little of that but makes it wayy more accessible.

And I really like Ubik/Pause's jazzy stuff.

Last edited by Jay Tholen (Feb 26, 2011 3:50 pm)

brooklyn!
DaPantz wrote:
melkor wrote:

I absolutely hate and despise chip-jazz.

Saaaaaaaame here.

no, man. fuck YOU.

Westfield, NJ

What does the Black Eyed Peas have to do with chip-jazz?

UK
Decktonic wrote:

What does the Black Eyed Peas have to do with chip-jazz?

luls.

BOSTON

wow, i can't believe so many people hate FM on a chipmusic site! FM is a pretty large part of the genre

Hoxton, London UK

Funky EMP! http://www.soundstosample.com/info/Sonokinetic/EMP/937#
which is odd, because I'm not fond of Jazz

Chepachet, Rhode Island

Yeah I've heard some chip-jazz and it's just weird.  Plus a lot of the sounds used just sound so corny.  I will say though...Kool Skull's "Tubular Jazz" is a completely different story...and it's a fucking cool one at that.

AANABAY01

corny sounds used in chip music? holy crap

Chepachet, Rhode Island
Zan-zan-zawa-butt wrote:

corny sounds used in chip music? holy crap

I'll rephrase:  Cool:Corny ratio is like 1:12 which Is definitely a worse ratio than most of the GOOD chipmusic out there.

AANABAY01

are you saying that good chip music tries to sound like it didn't come out of a sound chip

Chepachet, Rhode Island

Sigh...To each his own...this thread's about sounds you love/hate...I'm not a fan of chipjazz...I guess I more mean the progression of it rather than the actual sounds themselves...I'm not saying it doesnt take talent and im sure tons of people who write it are MUCH better than I am at writing music.  And that's that.

Last edited by 8-Bit-Rex (Feb 26, 2011 10:23 pm)