Sandy Eggo, CA

I was looking around at the plethora of android tablets floating around and realized I could use some input. anyone on here have one that cares to make a recommendation? I'm open to even the Chinese imports on the condition they get the job done and are reasonably built.

I wasn't planing on using this for anything chip related obviously, just something smaller than a laptop for when I need to use the net for a few minutes.

IL, US

i have an archos that i use mostly as a media player/video recorder, but they do alright on the internet stuff as well...thing is, they cost roughly the same amount as a netbook, so id honestly recommend a netbook over a tablet anyway unless you really need it to be pocket sized

Australia

I bought an ePad (Zenithink Z180) when they first came out.  Piece of shizen and totally unsupported.  Can't even get it to go onto market to add aps and it gets really hot, has terrible battery life, unforgivable speakers, dull screen, crashes a lot and the wifi drops out every 5 mins so you have to go into system and turn it on and off a few times to get it back.  I will never buy another cheap import tablet! I'm with ESC - my netbook, a first gen eeePC, is what I use away from my main laptop and it's been great since the day I bought it in 2007 :-]  Run's trackers and emulators no worries.  An HTC desire HD fills in the gap as an on-the-road emergency internet access device.

uhajdafdfdfa

SAMSUNG GALAXY is the only one i've tried. it seemed ok!

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐

i friend of mine has a xoom. he says to wait till the next version
to get one. it has real potential, but it feel a little short of his
expectations. perhaps a frimware update will help some.

Abandoned on Fire

Check out slatedroid.com for rundowns on just about everthing available.  I impulse bought a Velocity Micro tablet a while back, the build quality is great but support is zero.  Not having direct market access hurts these pretty bad unless you just love finding workarounds. tongue

IL, US

@cTrix: i just upgraded my phone to a desire, love HTC phones (3rd in a row)

Sandy Eggo, CA

Well that is all a bummer to hear, but you all saved me from a bad buy. I already own a laptop so a netbook would be redundant. I also have a droid phone, which I am on right now. So really I guess I was getting tech greedy.

Thanks

Brooklyn, NY

It sucks that Android is still really behind on tablet app development. I feel like Motorola et al really jumped the gun on this one. Honeycomb is nice, but really rough around the edges and lacking in functionality. I'd say give it at least 5 or 6 months to develop as a platform.