Long Beach, CA

What does the trigger on this thing register as in relation to the buttons on a regular pad?

It'd be funny to hook it up to my PC via USB adapter and use it to trigger some sounds or samples on Reason for a live set.

Any thoughts?

BK

Why not plug it in and use it during a non-zapper game to see what it does?
EDIT: apparently i can't spell "zapper".

Last edited by Kris k (Mar 7, 2011 12:17 am)

Austin, TX

Do you have a CRT monitor? As I understand it, the Zapper will only work with a CRT.

Matthew Joseph Payne

That's the truth, but if he's just trying to use it as a key-mapped trigger, it won't really matter.

Brunswick, GA USA

From the justfuckinggoogleit department:
http://stefanpn.blogspot.com/2010/12/ne … pc_07.html

IL, US

moved to nintendo consoles, nintendo handhelds is for game boy/gba/ds type things smile

Long Beach, CA
e.s.c. wrote:

moved to nintendo consoles, nintendo handhelds is for game boy/gba/ds type things smile

My bad! I was super tired when I posted this haha

Minneapolis

The Zapper data line is on a different pin than the controllers are, so pulling the trigger does not register as a button press. Sorry.

Riverside, CA

How hard would it be to "re-map" it?

Minneapolis

A simple rewire wouldn't be possible as the device is not configured to make recognizable button presses even if it was wired to the same data line. However, for use with a PC as an FX trigger it would not be hard at all to simply wire a new cable onto the contacts of the large trigger microswitch inside the zapper and then from there into your choice of adapter.