the heart of a mountain

Yes I agree with akira^8GB on that...I think the most elegant solution is for M4G to have it's own control system to maximise it's own potential. I think most people will expect to learn a new system with new software.

I can see the use of VU's including a master VU...but for me they are nowhere near essential, more of a bonus, and could be dropped for other functionality or display real estate.

Last edited by concretedog (Jan 20, 2010 11:09 pm)

Philly, PA, USA
smiker wrote:
pixis wrote:

oh man i want this.
but that would mean buying a GBA flash cart... and i don't really have a GBA.... damn it.]

There are DS carts able to boot Gba homebrew : ]

DSi compatible?
because that would be the best ever.
ever.

EDIT: oh man, found, so ordering right now.
for anyone else interested --v
http://www.ishopvideogame.com/ds-iplaye … -1651.html
i've ordered from them before.

Last edited by pixls (Jan 21, 2010 3:40 am)

WOW MAN!

Damn! That's sexy looking big_smile

From a development point-of-view it makes me jealous that you have proper control over the screen/colours. smile

I would wait a bit to get the Supercard DS Two.  It's just like the iPlayer except it can load official ROMs and will be loaded with a SNES emulator as well as the GBA one.  Right now, the only other ways to do it are a slot1 flash cart with an EZFlash 3in1 (or similar device) or a GBA flashcart.

I wonder if M4G will be compatible with SuperCard SD..?

Marin<Pontevedra<Galiza<Spain

almost sure it will do.

pixls wrote:

DSi compatible?
because that would be the best ever.
ever.

DSi doesn't have a GBA slot. You'd definitely have to emulate GBA to do that or something.

tongue i'd just buy a cheap GBA from Gamestop or something. They sell them pretty cheap!

Marin<Pontevedra<Galiza<Spain

I can do something: just let me ask my sister if he has some of them on stock (she works in a Game shop as sector chief) , then we can make deal via paypal or something. So she can get all the gba's there and put them on reserved items while we do the transaction. They are about 15 €, so they would be cheap cheap. But it's only a suggestion.

[..]

So, i talked to my sister, they have 2 on stock, and one is a sp (19,95€)
the other, a common gba, its on 9,95€. The problem is we cant reserve it for more than 3 days.
They're reserved. PM me if you have interest on these two, maybe if not i'll buy them for my own collection tongue

Last edited by smiker (Jan 21, 2010 4:37 pm)

Abandoned on Fire

It's worth mentioning that this is running fine in GPSP emulator (for those that have a PSP but no GBA or DS etc).

Seattle, WA

I MUST HAVE THIS

Philly, PA, USA
Beware wrote:

I would wait a bit to get the Supercard DS Two.  It's just like the iPlayer except it can load official ROMs and will be loaded with a SNES emulator as well as the GBA one.  Right now, the only other ways to do it are a slot1 flash cart with an EZFlash 3in1 (or similar device) or a GBA flashcart.

I don't really need official roms, and i have a snes emu for my R4 that works fine on the original DS

pixls wrote:
Beware wrote:

I don't really need official roms, and i have a snes emu for my R4 that works fine on the original DS

LOL!  You certainly do not!  The DS SNES emulator is such shit.  What makes the iPlayer and the SuperCard DS Two so cool is they have an onboard CPU that is more powerful than both of the DSs CPUs.  The GBA emulator doesn't even use the DSs CPUs yet, only the onboard iPlayer one!  Supercard created the iPlayer so the SCDS2 is just a revamp, but you really should consider it before you purchase an iPlayer.

Milan, Italy
tRasH cAn maN wrote:

I wonder if M4G will be compatible with SuperCard SD..?

THIS! PLEASE!

Chicago IL

why wouldn't it? as long as you convert the .gba to whatever the supercard program changes shit to (.dsq i believe) it should be fine

thats the one i'm rockin' at least. waiting for a GBA from a friend before i start getting into it (my DS is nonoperational)

Well, is the SuperCard a flash cart designed for GBA use?  That's your answer. =_=;;

Milan, Italy
Saskrotch wrote:

why wouldn't it?

To use a *.gba file on the SuperCard you have to patch it.
...but some games (and like every homebrew) are not compatible with the patcher/firmware.

That's the why some of the homebrews comes with a  "super card" version.

Maybe you could be lucky and patch your software successfuly (like "gba looper").
..but most of them are just not compatible (like this new lovely  tracker).

btw it should be too hard to patch a rom by myself.
I should ask on the official supercard forum how to. big_smile