Cleveland, OH

Thought this would be cool so I took my chorus pedal and fit it into a Game Boy case.
Also trying to see if there is any kind of demand for something like this as I would like to expand my market a bit.
I used a very stained/scratched/sun-bleached shell to test this out on but I just bought 2 new distortion pedals and will put them in nice clean shells:)
I put the battery in the LCD area but I plan to print out a screen shot of a GB game and put under the screen cover.
Anyone want to buy one?
What would you pay considering it's about 3 hours of work?
I could get any pedal of your choice or even put your own pedal in a case.

Chicago IL

don't cross post shit in three forum sections

Melbtown, Lolstralia

If the gameboy was still operational this would be awesome

as it is you have just disregarded the gameboy entirely and reduced it to a chunk of plastic to stick shit inside of

for shame...

rochester, ny

i think it definitely looks neat. is it sturdy when you step on it? when i built my nintendo pedal, i was worried that if i put the buttons too close to the edge that it would tilt up when i stepped on it.

Bristol, UK

Seems a bit of a waste of a Game Boy, you could use one of those carry cases that's shaped like a gameboy...

East Kilbride, Scotland

Pedal is boring. This is how it should be done. Toaster amplifiers!

http://hottieguitars.com/shop-hottie/ho … flame-amp/

Cambridge, MA

Ah, I got excited and thought you'd actually built a custom effects hardware, not just put it in a shell. =/

IL, US
Saskrotch wrote:

don't cross post shit in three forum sections

this, seriously...getting rid of the other two

Matthew Joseph Payne

I've never gotten the point of this. Pedals are usually put in metal cases for a reason - there's no way the plastic is going to withstand being stepped on over and over again.

uhajdafdfdfa
Evil Scientist wrote:

Seems a bit of a waste of a Game Boy, you could use one of those carry cases that's shaped like a gameboy...

presumably those cases are much more "rare" than the gameboy itself...

Cleveland, OH

I didn't know which forum was most appropriate for this thread so I left it up to the mods.
It's very sturdy because the button is supported form the very bottom so no plastic is bending.
I do not see how it's a waste when half the Game Boys I buy are in lots and do not work at all and some can't be fixed. Some I just mess up occasionally trying to mod them. It happens.
I figured it was a good use of a gross stained up shell.
Real criticism would be appreciated. As in how to make this better.
Thanks for the responses tho.

San Francisco

I just cant justify wasting time and effort to make an aesthetical change to an effect pedal that causes the destruction of another useful  device. to be honest it doesn't even look cool. it just looks messy, cramped, and wasteful to me. it would be different if there was added functionality but there isn't at all. broken gameboys can be used to fix other gameboys and be spare parts for failing ones. the only purpose for this is to say "hey i got a gameboy case with an effect pedal inside it"
the rather superficial ideas behind this seem to really make this project fall short as something that is interesting in any way.
no disrespect. thats my cc for you tho.

San Francisco

also not practical.

Cleveland, OH

No, I appreciate that. It is entirely aesthetic. That's the idea. I think it looks cool.
Again this was just a practice go at it with a gross shell. I will be printing screen shot on the screen cover.
Like I said I have piles of Game Boy shells from failed experiments so if anything it's putting them to good use.

Matthew Joseph Payne

Personally, I use failed experiments as parts, or to run more experiments.

I'm with wedanced, unless you can figure out how to build gameboys into effects pedal boxes.

USA

I actually have a Game Boy on my pedalboard but mine is a functioning Black "Play It Loud" DMG running LSDJ.

Don't ever hack up a "Play It Loud" Game Boy like that!

It would be much cooler looking if it didn't have all the ugly knobs.

You even covered up the Nintendo Game Boy text!

Cool idea, poor execution.

Try again.

Next time you should try to hide the knobs and footswitch so it looks like you have a normal Game Boy just chillin' on your pedalboard.