Carbondale, IL

Just what it says in the title.

Chiptune: Creating music using old video game technology

buffalo, NY

good stuff

FlashHeart

The writing isn't very good, but the information is pretty accurate (even if they did get Ary's last name wrong and forget to label the song as the RAC remix of Airbrushed.) The descriptions fall into some of the same old cliches, but everybody's quotes are spot-on. I think people like Jeremiah, Anamanaguchi, and Starscream have become wonderfully articulate spokespeople for something that's rather difficult to describe to someone unfamiliar with it. If it weren't for people like them providing the meat of these articles, we'd see a hell of a lot more "mario at a rave" assessments than we do even now. Thank you guys and congrats on the publicity!

FlashHeart

Also - it says it's the most-read article. Nice one!

BK

Yeah, as far as chip reporting goes, this is definitely near the top of the scale in terms of accuracy and generally getting the concept right.

uhajdafdfdfa

criticism: "When playing, chip music composers rhythmically strike buttons of the devices, like the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES), Nintendo Game Boy and Commodore 64 computer, to form musical patterns of notes."

do we?

apart from that it's good smile

Milwaukee, WI

Rhythmically? No.

I see a lot of jumping around, air fists and hair-playing with the occasional button strike.

Unsubscribe

Milwaukee, WI

Unsubscribe

rochester, ny
ant1 wrote:

criticism: "When playing, chip music composers rhythmically strike buttons of the devices, like the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES), Nintendo Game Boy and Commodore 64 computer, to form musical patterns of notes."

do we?

apart from that it's good smile

some do, though.

BOSTON

eh, stop the hatin', this is some seriously legit press! massive congrats d00ds! i hope you can leverage it for fortune and fame big_smile big_smile

my only one problem with the article is that gorgeous whiteboy with the red backlight is giving me some serious gear envy ;F