BK

I had a cart with mgb on it for a while and I tried to flash it to lsdj 3.9.9 with a transferrer 1. The program froze in the middle of the upload.   This resulted in the cart not booting and only showing a blank screen after the Nintendo logo. I was unable to format the cart and unable to overwrite the ROM either.  I gave it to EmDash to see if he could get it to flash with his transferrer and it wouldn't take the ROM from him either. His transferrer was able to successfully write to another one of my EMS carts, so it seems as though the problem is more with the cart and not with the transferrer.  His transferrer claims that LSDJ is flashed to the cart, but neither of us can get it to boot- it looks like it flashed only part of the ROM, and therefore it won't start.

I'm not sure if this means the cart is completely busted or what...anyone have any ideas? Anyone seen this happen before with the blue EMS carts?

Geneva, NY

I had a problem like this back in the day. I think the solution was to not format, but keep trying to write the ROM on there.

Sweeeeeeden

The flash chip might or might not be bust, but your songs should be ok. Back them up now, before you forget it.

BK

bleo - tried that on both of the transferers, no luck unfortunately. thanks for the tip though.

nitro2k01 - the cart had no songs on it so i'm in the clear on that one.  Is there any sure test to determine whether the flash chip is shot or not?

BK

So after having three different people try it with their transferrers, it still won't flash.  I assume this cart is beyond repair...unless anyone has any ideas. (Please tell me your ideas).